Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
By intermittent I mean that it depends on just how level the coach is while sitting in the same spot in my drive way. Both the front to back and left to right make huge differences in where the water from the roof and slides drain. Even when the Power Gear levelers claim it is "level" the coach may be 1/8 to 1/4" off, and that will really re-direct the water toward or away from the place where the leak is. Having had boats before I switched to "land yachts" I have a lot of experience with leaks.

--------
Dave Snow --- 40' 2005 Country Coach Inspire - 400 HP Cat C9
2004 Honda CR-V EX (BlueOx tow bar)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #16

I was being a bit sarcastic with my previous post, but my statement was true. Reality is we have traveled since the last seam sealer replacement and have not had leaks. In the past the leak issue has mostly been when it was raining hard and combined with a strong wind. The rains we have had since sealer replacement have not had strong winds.

In consulting with a number of our RV friends they usually bring in their slides when a combination of heavy rain and strong winds comes up.

My previous sarcasm has to do with this problem always coming back and the many thousands of dollars thrown at it with mixed results.

B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #17

B Bob, please let us know if your solution works with some rainy weather.
Mark
Old 12-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWSnow View Post
I found the the top front and back edge of the slide were leaking under the metal corner piece. I bought 50' by 4" Eterna bond tape from Amazon for about $55. I cleaned and placed about 2' of tape on the top, both front and rear while the slide was in the coach. Then I extended the slide and did the outside 2', overlapping the tape. I plan on removing the topper and doing the outside of the slide when the weather improves. I also plan to look at the tops of the other slides.

BTW, you should also rivet, and re-seal if necessary, the bottom angle iron on the slides as well.
--------
David, I did seal and reattach (with rivets) the angles at the bottom of three of my slides since they were a bit loose when I inspected them.

You say you put the Ebond tape on the inner top edge of your slides from inside the coach while the slide was retracted. How did you get to the top of the slide while it was retracted? Mine have the nearly 10" tall wooden crown moldings at the top and there is no space between the ceiling and the molding to reach the slide room. Did you remove your moldings?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #19

I stood on a step stool and could reach it fine. I still had about 6-8" between the slide top and the roof. The outside I used an extension ladder.

--------
Old 12-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWSnow View Post
I stood on a step stool and could reach it fine. I still had about 6-8" between the slide top and the roof. The outside I used an extension ladder.

--------
OK, guess that won't work for me. The space between the ceiling in the coach and the top of the crown molding on the slide is only about 1 1/2" so unless I find a way to remove that trim, I can't reach over it.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #21

The day we bought our 2005 Allure we had a heavy rain while parked with the slides out. We soon had a river of water coming from the bottom front corner of the driver side slide. The Sikkaflex sealant had failed on the front seam over the side window. Complete RV in Denver NC repaired it by removing the sealant on the entire top of the slide. The screws were removed from the outer metal strip and replaced with pop rivets to allow the Eternabond tape to be completely flat on top of the strip. All the seams on top of the slide were sealed with the tape. We're taking it back to have new window shades and flooring installed soon and I'm going to have them to seal the other three slides before they start leaking.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Just curious but have you thought of traveling to Oregon and having the folks at Country Coach in Junction City take a look at it? We had a stubborn leak into one of our basement storage compartments and I tried everything I could think of to fix it (I am usually pretty handy) to no avail. My excellent tech (Daniel) at CC fixed it pronto. No more leaks .

Another option for you (since you live in Florida) would be Fountain RV in Lakeland. Their service manager, Butch Williams, is a former County Coach tech/builder and might be a good source for a satisfactory repair.
We have a leak on the drivers side slide but only when the slide is in. It leaks into the storage compartment. How long did it take Country Coach to find and fix your leak? Ballpark what was the cost? Did you have to leave the coach or were they able to get to it right away?
Old 12-22-2014, 01:13 AM   #23

We did not go to Oregon. We had the roof resealed in CA. I personally caulked the bottom rail that looked a little suspect and that helped emmencely! Maybe it was the way we were tilted at the time, I am not sure! There was a remendous rain storm with just a little wetness! Nothing like before. Sorry I can't say how long CC takes to fix slide leaks.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptrix View Post
We have a leak on the drivers side slide but only when the slide is in. It leaks into the storage compartment. How long did it take Country Coach to find and fix your leak? Ballpark what was the cost? Did you have to leave the coach or were they able to get to it right away?
We made a service appointment about 30 days in advance (appointment was in July). They did a number to things on the coach and we were able to have the coach every afternoon. They have a parking area with 50 electric sites where you park. The tech gets the coach every morning and brings it back at the end of their work day. Obviously if a repair renders the coach undrivable or unusable until it is done, you won't get it back every day.

Call and speak to Kevin Kiscoan. He can give you the scoop on service.

Tags
driver, leak, slide