Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #1

My 2005 Inspire has two analog TVs. The back one (bedroom) is fairly easy to replace with a digital Tv unless someone has figured out a unique way to install the Converter Box. The front TV has me baffled. I removed the lower back (windshield side) access panel and can access the plug-ins to the TV. I tried to remove the front frame which appears to hold the TV set in place so that I could access the power to plug the converter in... took four screws out and the top comes loose but the bottom will not budge. Does the frame come off or do I have to drop the whole unit down by removing the screws revealed under the back panel?
Lynne & Wynn Teale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Lynne * Wynn Teale, welcome to iRV2.com and to the Country Coach Owners forum. We are glad to have you join us here and hope that we can help with any questions you have. I believe the frame should come off but there may be more screws than the four in the front. Look at the sides for additional screws. If you can access the plug-ins to the TV from the back can you not also find a source of 12 volt DC or 120 volt AC needed for your particular converter?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:02 AM   #3

The rear access is only a 6 inch square area which exposes the antenna and audio/video inputs. The 120 Volt plug wire is visable but I can not access either end of the wire. There are no other screws on the front, sides or rear of the front frame. Surely there is a simple way to remove the front TV.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #4

Hi Lynne and Wynn, my name is Caleb, I worked at cc for over 5 years and was in charge of the inspire line cabinet shop and tribute line. I also built Allures to. Not only did I run the cabinet shop for 4 years I worked puttin the dash together for a year. To remove your tv you need to take that back panel off by the windshield and you will see pocket hole screws going upwards towards the vinly. Remove those screws going up. Then the front of the tv, remove the 4 wooden plugs and the 4 screws holding it, and the tv bucket will come down. Its heavy so definetly have help. I would imagine you have either the sharp or westinghouse tv in your coach. I recently left CC and am working in Oregon starting a cabinet shop and tile shop. There is me and another former boss that use to do tile and mirrors and all sorts of the finish work. when your ar the ralleys or anything pass the word along. Thanks and I hope it works for you. Caleb
clb250ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:49 AM   #5

Thank you so much..... I was afraid of that. All I wanted to do was get to the 120 Volt Plug back there so that I could add a converter box. We really like our Country Coach and are very sad at what is happening to Country Coach. It is great that you have found employment. Send me address and phone number and we will be sure to look you up the next time we are in Oregon.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:14 AM   #6

No problem, I think there is only one outlet with one plug back there so you might have to adapt it to recieve to plug ins. Nothing big though. Also you should see a yellow wire and a green wire going to the plug, that is from your ignition so when the coach is running the overhead tv does not turn on, a safety feature. Well You have a well built coach the Inspire line from 2004 to 2007 were the best built coaches around. Enjoy it and defneatly look myself, Caleb, up.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #7

Well it was very easy. I installed the converter box in a spare space above the DVD Tuner/Player, VHS Tape Player and Central Control Box. I simply took the Coax Cable going to the front TV from the control Box and put it on the Converter box antenna input and connected the output from the Converter to the Control box where I removed the Front Coax Cable. There was a duplex 120 volt outlet where I plugged in a multiple outlet adapter. Oh in the 2005 Inspire it is very difficult to access the wires in the back of the DVD Tuner/Player, VHS player and Control Box. Previously when I installed a Satellite Box, I cut an access hole in the cabinet on the side, covered a piece of foam board with speaker cloth and velcroed it in place....so accessthis time was a snap.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #8

Glad it all worked out. I hope it will run smoothly for you. Yeah, there isn't much space in those AV Cabinets. I used to build those 1/2 shelves that thing sits on. You take the black plastic piece off and there is all the componets access also. Also, If you have any friends, and they are doing this as well to there motorhomes, I think Winegard makes a component for the crank up antennae's older then 2003 I believe so that these older Winegards can recieve digital signal over the air. It sells for about 20 to 30 dollars, we carry them in the store and have been selling some. Its a little box that mounts right to the ant. and you will also need a converter box as well. Its going to be a real mess for awhile until everyone cathces on. Its great you found a way to make it work. Definetly come and see us next time your in Albany, and tell your friends about us at the Rallys and such. Be Safe and have a safe one!