Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:07 AM   #1

Dumping air bags for height clearance

I have a 1997 Country Coach Affinity that I need to get into a build that has a door height of 12 foot. I have a satellite dish on top of my coach that makes it 12 foot 4 inch's. If I dump my air bags I would be able to drive straight into the building. Would this harm the coach in anyway if I would do this? I might have to turn just a small amount if at all.

Thank you all for your input crew.

Tim and Linda Neal
1997 Country Coach Affinity
Huntington Beach, California

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2016, 07:58 AM   #2

some coaches have a O'**** valve. If you leave the valve in the dump position, it will auto rise once you release park brake and roll. Prevent mayor damage from drivers forgetting to raise the air-bags.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:42 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
You have a couple of options. 1st is have some one hold the dump button in while you drive in (if there's enough room after you dump), the other is to dump the air bags and pull the fuse for the system and drive in that way. When you dump all the air your rear mudflap will drag and make noise. I don't know what other impacts driving in this position would have. But if you hear any horrible unfriendly noises stop.
Good Luck.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
You have a couple of options. 1st is have some one hold the dump button in while you drive in (if there's enough room after you dump), the other is to dump the air bags and pull the fuse for the system and drive in that way. When you dump all the air your rear mudflap will drag and make noise. I don't know what other impacts driving in this position would have. But if you hear any horrible unfriendly noises stop.
Good Luck.
If you have HWH leveling ..it may be as easy as using that system...to keep the coach from going to travel....
Old 10-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #5

Pumper covered it. If you do drive the coach with the air dumped, keep the speed under 5MPH because the driveshaft is seriously out of line and you could damage the U-joints
Old 10-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #6

If you get it into the garage, back out carefully!!
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:04 AM   #7

One way or another it sounds like you may be getting rid of your satellite dish soon.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote