Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #1

DYI experiences - Carpet to Laminate Flooring

Hoping a few members have replaced their original OEM carpet and moved to either tile or laminate/hardwood flooring in the main living room.

I actually have experience doing this in a River Forest 5th wheel but was hoping to get input on a CC. My main headache with the River Forest was gaining access under the slide and ensuring I had enough clearance for proper slide operation. I ended up jacking up the slide but it was a mechanical gear driven with quite a bit of wiggle room for adjusting. I had to get with very thin laminate flooring (7-8mm I believe). I also was continually worried about scratching of the flooring surface from repeat slide operation. I ended up installing adhesive based furniture slides on the bottom side of the slide which runs over the floor. Seemed to work well. Long-term not sure as I sold the 5th wheel shortly after the interior redo.

I've noticed some Allure models with what appears to be real hardwood flooring. So appears maybe clearance is not as much of an issue with CCs?

Love to hear how your DIY project went and how you addressed the slide-out.

Devin
customfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #2

We have a 2000 affinity. We had the wood floor installed at cc and love it.
cc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2000 View Post
We have a 2000 affinity. We had the wood floor installed at cc and love it.
I'm sure it looks great! Pictures would be great to see.

Hoping to get some helpful pointers from anyone who made have installed themselves.
customfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #4

I replaced my carpet with engineered wood in my 2005 CC Inspire. It was a relatively easily if your DIY capable. Mine turned out great. I can give you details if you would like.
RJ
2005 Inspire #51264
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #5

I have plans also for replacing the carpet with tile etc. in my 2000 allure. It appears that all the cabinets etc. were installed on top of the carpet. I may leave carpet in living area and bedroom and do galley and bathroom area only. I may try to match existing hard wood floor that is in front of Galley area.

Tags
carpet