Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #15

We have had our 2002 Affinity tag for 18 months. We are quite happy with our purchase. Some close RV friends of ours have a 2005 Foretravel Nimbus coach. IMHO our 2002 Affinity is a far better looking coach inside and out. Our exterior paint is FAR nicer than theirs. The one feature I like on the Foretravel is transmission braking. I only say that because I think engine braking as set up on our coach is a PIA. I don't know if transmission braking is better I only know I am not fond of engine braking.

Our coach drives beautifully. Until you get on really broken pavement it just glides down the road. I have truck tires on mine not RV tires, so that likely makes it safer but slightly harder riding. I do think getting IFS with the quick turning radius is something worth having. It is really remarkable how quick ours turns.

B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Any issues to watch for in 2002 model Magna's 42' double slide?

Those of you with 42' coach's, does this length pose problems getting into camp grounds? We love the extra space in the 42' coach's but worry about the extra length.

Tammy

Old 03-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Rancher, go ahead and go for it. With the liftable tag, you won't have any problem in getting into most campgrounds. With the tight turning radius, you can turn the coach hard enough to get your self into trouble if you don't watch it. In other words, you can put the coach anywhere you want it as long as you watch yourself.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #18

FYI -- our 40' Allure will turn tighter with the tag up than our old 33' rig.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #19

My experience is that 42' does cause issues in fitting into spaces. Do I regret buying a coach that big, no. But last summer there were a couple of RV parks that were a challenge. My coach has IFS, liftable tag, and a very sharp turning radius. Some small roads are difficult though. And you have to drive VERY slowly in tight areas as it is hard to keep watch on all the things you need to at once. Like what back wheels are doing, is the passenger side going to hit, is that low tree limb going to impact your air conditioning cover, and so on. Turning tight is not the only issue.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Traveling to Oregon this week to inspect this coach:
2000*Country Coach*Magna w/Slide*listed on RVOnline.com

Any advice as to items to pay particular attention to?

If we buy the coach, any maintenance items to perform before traveling with the coach? They will change out all fluids and put on two new front tires.

I have been cautioned to watch weight issues on CC coach's. Do all 36' coach's have overweight issues on the driver/slide side of the coach?

Thank you for your help!

Steve and Tammy
Old 04-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #21

If the coach has all the paperwork that it left the factory with, you will have a 4 corner weight printout. My 40ft was within 200 pounds side to side and I have two slides. Most people think that ading a slide adds a ton of weight but it really doesn't.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #22

That looks like a great rig.

Check the double pane windows for the creeping seal problem. Its about $200 per window to fix.

Front tires may need high tire pressure to carry the weight. Ours needs 115 psi. CC did not do a good job of informing folks of the correct tire pressure and built several years of rigs with too small a 22.5" tire. There have been recalls on this issue. Not a big deal but worth knowing about.

Since they used similar cabinetry and layout for 7 years, there should be few surprises in the construction of this model rig.

The broker listing the rig had a very good reputation in past years based upon comments I have read.

Get all of the manuals. They will be invaluable since CC is just regrouping now and not a great resource.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Thank you for the replies. Over and over again I hear concerns about weight issues with CC motor homes (from Foretravel dealers/sellers). What tires should be on the front of this coach? What pressure in the tires? Will I be overweight? This could be a deal breaker.

What should I expect for CCC on the coach, I have asked for corner weights on the coach but do not have this information yet.

Thanks for your input.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by P7rancher View Post
Traveling to Oregon this week to inspect this coach:
2000*Country Coach*Magna w/Slide*listed on RVOnline.com

Any advice as to items to pay particular attention to?

If we buy the coach, any maintenance items to perform before traveling with the coach? They will change out all fluids and put on two new front tires.

I have been cautioned to watch weight issues on CC coach's. Do all 36' coach's have overweight issues on the driver/slide side of the coach?

Thank you for your help!

Steve and Tammy
We bought the 40 version last Aug, great rig have had no problems to this point, my only issue with the rig you indicated is it is way over priced, I know we got a really good deal but that price is way over NADA.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #25

Excel Owners Club
Patty98311

NADA dealer wholesale is around $92,000 and suggested retail is $119,000 without options. I am not a big believer in NADA as I think the system generally overstates value.

What do you think the coach should be purchased for?
Regards,
Tammy
Old 04-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #26

CCC is a very coach by coach calculation. The comment that CC's have over weight items, is not a fair comment by the sales gent. (Wonder if he had this CC Magana, what he would say about Foretravel!.

Our 40' Allure with tag, has about 9K Lbs of CCC (more actually, that is what I tell the DW, to cut out all of her shoes!).

On that specific 36', with all of the higher end items mentioned in the add, and the good size Cat engine - calling and asking the place that is selling it to look at the sticker and giving you all of the numbers, including CCC - would be prudent. Why ask a general question, when they should be able to get you the info exactly for that coach?

As mentioned earlier, our CC is within 270 lbs, form side to side, as four courner weights indicated, as set up for travel. That is dang good, and pure luck on my part while loading in personal gear.

The coach looks clean in the pictures. But, I look pretty good while cleaned up too! Due diligence with onsite inspection is the only way to be sure. Receipts, receipts, receipts. And as mentioned, keep saying 'Where is the documentation that came with the coach?' - if missing.

Best of luck,
Smitty
Old 04-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #27

Excel Owners Club
Smitty77
We agree with what you said. We asked for four corner weights and were told CC was not doing that in 2000. The CCC is acceptable. around 4000Lb. Getting CCC without four corner weights is useless. My shoes are very light.

When we travel to Oregon we will want/require full documentation.

Thanks
Tammy
Old 04-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by P7rancher View Post
Patty98311

NADA dealer wholesale is around $92,000 and suggested retail is $119,000 without options. I am not a big believer in NADA as I think the system generally overstates value.

What do you think the coach should be purchased for?
Regards,
Tammy
The unit we purchased last Aug(2010) was 75k, every unit we looked at within 250mi of use had there units listed at low retail, the moment we said we were interested but that they were asking to much said make an offer, we went and looked at three and had the plan of making an out of the ballpark low offer just to see what they would come down to. We made one offer, it was on the unit we wanted the most it was about 300mi from home, we offered 75k on our now 2000 40' Magna Indulgence(Nada - Low 102 med 121k), to our surprise he(Dealer) accepted without any hesitation. Maybe they just had to sell something or maybe the stories that are repeated here are correct. I personnally would not pay any greater than 80% NADA. The previous unit we purchased(94 AllegroDP) we purchased at 75% NADA in 2004. Most of the units out there listed greater are upside down in payments or don't really care if they sell the units,JMHO.