Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:33 PM   #15

Until you figure this out, lock the boost switch on. Both sets of batteries will be charged this way. Not the best solution but will keep the engine batteries charged.

2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2016, 08:06 PM   #16

i had the same problem with both my 2004 36' CC Inspire and also with the coach I have now ,2008 45' CC Intrigue . On my 2008 when driving the chassis batteries would be charged but not the house batteries and when plugged in to 50amp the house batteries would be charged but not the chassis . I replaced the Magnum Battery Combiner two times thinking that maybe they were bad . I called the company and they walked me through adjusting it . Also replaced 2 chassis batteries and 4 house batteries ( all 6 years old ) and solenoid located in the inverter/charger area $$$$. Still with no results . One day I crawled under the 2008 coach to check the grounds and found a loose ground by the chassis batteries . I cleaned the connection and tightened it back up and now after all the headaches and $$$$ everything works great . So now I have a spare Magnum Combiner and Solenoid . So moral of the story ......check your grounds .

BernieK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:58 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just FYI, the Blue Sea solenoids CC uses are great but when I needed to replace my house battery solenoid, CC wanted $350 for it. I found it on Amazon for just under $150.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/901...12_24V_DC_250A
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #18

Jerry,

My Magnum device is set to divert charge from the higher voltage battery to the lower voltage battery at 13.0VDC. I suggest yours should be set at that point also.

What are the settings on your device and what are the LEDs reporting? Are you able to take a photo of your device showing settings and LEDs?
gsander1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #19

I will try to get a photo tomorrow (Sat.) and post it. I have experimented with the settings after everything else has failed so, they may not be the recommended settings at the moment. Thanks for the ideas!
Jerry
Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:27 PM   #20

Make echo charger kicks in
Old 09-12-2016, 05:36 PM   #21

My Echo charger kicks in at 13.4 v to the House Batteries. Once that happens a 15 amp trickle kicks in to the chassis batteries. My problem occurs when my inverter switches to float mode and the voltage drops to 13.1 or 13.2. no more trickle. How do you reset float mode on the inverter to 13.4 or is this normal and look for something elsr
Old 09-13-2016, 12:20 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Gsander1, thanks, but I have made all these checks, more than once, and my starting battery still drains if it sits a couple of weeks while plugged into 50 amps. The 8D battery is less than a year old and has been load tested by two different suppliers. I am at a loss. I know the Echo charger was bad as it got water in it when a shop washed the battery off. Prior to that, every thing performed okay. Is there a fool proof test for the Magnum unit to see if it is functioning properly?

Jerry

Jerry-

I would check your boost solenoids. I had one fail causing a slow drain on my chassis batteries. Also, my chassis boost system wasn't working even though I could hear the relay inside the solenoid cycle when I would operate the toggle switch. After getting the blessing from Gregg Bootes at CC I replaced both solenoids with the Cole Hersee 200 amp continuous duty units. The drain went away and now the boost system works again. After that I added the Echo charger which is a great added feature and very easy to install.

Russ

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Russ
1990 Country Coach Concept 36' Anteres
1997 Jeep Wrangler, Blue Ox
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #23

Affinityfan, pasted below from the Echo Charger manual. If your EC is not on at 13.1 volts it is not functioning correctly.

When the input voltage is 13.0/25.5 volts DC or higher, echo-charge
automatically switches ON. The LED glows a steady green. When the
input voltage is lower than 13.0/25.5 volts, the echo-charge automatically
switches OFF, and the LED blinks green. The output voltage of echocharge
is limited to 14.4/28.8 volts. When it reaches 14.4/28.8 volts, the
charge current will decrease, maintaining a float condition. The starter
battery will be fully charged without overcharging.
No load current drain on the house bank is less than 50 milli-amps.
If the input voltage is above 14.4 volts (or 28.8), output will be limited to a
maximum of 14.4/28.8 volts.
gsander1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #24

Rsponsford, you mentioned 2 solenoids but I have found only one, above my starting battery. Where is the second one located on your coach? My boost system is not working.
Jerry
Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Rsponsford, you mentioned 2 solenoids but I have found only one, above my starting battery. Where is the second one located on your coach? My boost system is not working.
Jerry

Jerry-

Sounds the same as mine. My second one is located in the accessory bay under the drivers' seat. This is the same compartment where the generator battery is located. The solenoid is mounted there on the vertical portion of the steel frame and should be easy to spot. Photo attached but ignore the yellow cables in the photo. Those cables do not belong there.

Russ

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1474006320.785655.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	139075

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Russ
1990 Country Coach Concept 36' Anteres
1997 Jeep Wrangler, Blue Ox
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags