Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #1

Electric Problems

I have a 2007 Country Coach Allure 430. The Intellitec light pad in the bath would not work. I took it off to see if it was getting power and shorted out the entire system on the coach. I checked the Multiplex boards in the bedroom and they all show red lights. I found the over rides but they are only for the bedroom and partial living room. Is there a main fuse or circuit breaker for this system? I have looked everywhere. I know that when the system is on, the boards show green lights.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
If you have the Owners manuals, the electrical section will tell you where on the coach the fuse block and/or circuit breaker for this system is located. On my dad's 2000 Magna there are a lot in the basement center section of the coach. If you do not have a manual, let us know and maybe we can help in other ways.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #3

I have the manual and the layouts of the coach, but it does not show if there is a master fuse or circuit breaker. I know this has to be something simple, but I can't find it.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #4

On my old Magna, the fuses have simple indicator lights. When a fuse is fine, a green light is lit.

My 12vdc house fuses are in the forward basement center compartment along with the inverter. The chassis fuses are in the basement hatch below the driver's feet.

There are breakers on our 2500W inverter and two 110v breakers in the house fuse area but I assume your problem is with the 12v lighting system.

I have found the wiring schematics in the manual to be very complete except for some of the PC boards in my overhead console that deal with auto water fill and tank verbal announcement.

Perhaps we can help if you can describe what is a Mulitplex board and an Intellitect switch. Those are terms I do not recognize even though I almost have my wiring schematics memorized after 10 years.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #5

Bear,
I feel your pain. We have have the same coach and you did your on the 26th and I did the same thing to the same item on the 27th . At this point, I can not give you any info or help . Maybe in a couple of day I will...I tested every fuse that I could find and never found out the problem. I loss my A/C and all interior lights when what ever broke or blew..broke...We were in the desert and the temp was in the 90 and no air...not happy campers and at night it was fun getting around. Although almost all of my 120 volt plug-ins worked..I will post what they find out as soon as I know...
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #6

Repair

Bear, after reading what you loss, I loss the same items but more. I had no A/C, none of the light switches throughout the coach worked, the 110 plugs for the W/D were not working and the toilet would not flush. I found the breaker for the toilet and got it back running but none of the lights via the wall switches worked. Also, my EMS system was not showing any power coming into the MH. So, 2 day in 90 degree weather and no A/C and no lights at night.

Dropped it off at my repair person and here is what they found....1 5 amp fuse was bad. it is connected to the EMS system. According to him this fuse will shut down most of the system and not allow it to work.

It's location...since you have the same year and model as me..it is located behind the breaker panel in the lower cabinet. You have all those breakers and 2 containers of fuses. remover the breaker metal panel and it behind there.
A word of caution....he said to make sure everything is off..no electricity to the MH and turn off the inverter. Do not use any metal tool and you should be able to see a second panel with some fuses back there. I guess you can check those and see if you have a blown one there as me.
Hope this helps...good luck
Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #7

Thanks Dave. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I'll let you know if I had good luck.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearonthebus View Post
Thanks Dave. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I'll let you know if I had good luck.
I had a chance to look at it yesterday and I found the problem. Thank you Dave 430.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #9

Bear was it that fuse in that area?
Also, I have not taken that panel out to look back in there, but a question on
when I do...I see 4 screws that hold the metal panel in place. I also see 4 screws that hold the wooden board in place (I think)...did you take out the 4 screws on the metal plate or the other 4 screws?
thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #10

Dave 430, I removed the four screws from the metal panel. Once you remove the metal panel, look at the top and you will see the fuse. It is right in front. Slide out the tray and replace the fuse. The tray feels tight because of the wires, but pull it out and replace the fuse. Good luck, and thank you. You saved me money
Also, I may have to replace my 32" LCD TV in the bedroom. Bummer!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #11

Replace that fues with a self reseting circuit breaker, do it only once that way!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #12

Bedroom slides won't open, please help!

Good Morning
Our friends are still unable to open the 2 bedroom slides. Do you suppose there is a fuse located in the same fuse box you were referring to that might be causing the problem? " is located behind the breaker panel in the lower cabinet. You have all those breakers and 2 containers of fuses. remover the breaker metal panel and it behind there." Can you please explain in more detail where the breaker panel in the lower cabinet is?
Thanks for your help.
Jerry Cain
Trying to help a friend with 2008 Country Coach, Allure 470
Old 05-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #13

Neptuners, are your two bedroom slides HWH? If they are, your coach will have to be completely level in order to extend them. My rear curb side slide is HWH. I have had that problem in the past after leveling the coach and receiving the excess slope light. I cheated. With the motor still running and still in travel mode, I extended my HWH side and then dumped the air and leveled. It works! Good luck!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #14

Stranded on the Highway

My newly purchased 2006 Magna 630 Country Coach was enroute to New York when it just quit on the highway - no warning, no fault indicators, it just quit - gages shut down, engine stopped and I coasted to the side of the road. Attempts to restart pointed to problems in the Ignition System. Symptoms were dash lights would cycle but not stay energised, engine would crank approximately 4 seconds then stop. Subsequent trouble shooting revealed the 20 amp relay in the Ignition Fuse box was cycling causing the ignition start-up sequence to re-set. Removed relay and replace with 30 amp fuse which failed immediately pointing to a short in this circuit. Towed vehicle to service center and it now starts and runs without problem. Any ideas on what is wrong and what to replace before we start out again?