Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #1

Entry door pops when opening and closing

2002 allure 36 foot. K&M Mobile R.V. Repair said he could not help me because he has only seen one door like mine in 23 years. Country Coach has not got back to me yet.They think the company that made my door is out of business.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
My door "pops" as well - I have traced it to the mechanism that holds the door open at 3 different "open positions". It appears to be a indexed catch mechanism that has "lobes" or "cams" at specific door open positions.

I have not fixed yet, but find it annoying - I will be watching this thread to see if others have already resolved, and if it is similar issue to yours and others units as well. Thought mine might be "unique"; appears not........

PS - I have a door "serial number" on my serial number ID (posted inside my vanity cabinet), but no indication of a manufacturer. Not sure who manufactured my door.

Brian

BrianGlenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #3

With the door open take a look at the top edge of the door by the hinges. It will be facing to the inside of the coach at this point. The manufacturer and model info should be there. Mine was manufactured by Atwood.

RV Entry Doors

I fixed mine without replacing anything but I believe there are a number of different types of stops so the same fix may not work for all. But it did stop the 'popping' sound on mine.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyM View Post
With the door open take a look at the top edge of the door by the hinges. It will be facing to the inside of the coach at this point. The manufacturer and model info should be there. Mine was manufactured by Atwood.

RV Entry Doors

I fixed mine without replacing anything but I believe there are a number of different types of stops so the same fix may not work for all. But it did stop the 'popping' sound on mine.
Unfortunately the decal on my door is located on the outward facing side, and it appears to have been faded by the sun - there are no markings on the label. I do not have a label on the inside facing edge while the door is open.

I have a picture of my door catch mechanism - look similar?

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1389.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	102215  
Old 08-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #5

Your door was made by:
Avionic Structures, Inc.
1429 N. State College Blvd
Anaheim,CA 92806

The part # is 25149

The phone# might be 714-772-9950 as the area code might have changed. I am going off the manual supplied with my coach. I heard that they no longer make doors, just bumpers.

We do not have the same door that Brian is showing in his picture. In his case, I think what he is showing is the clicking/popping problem. I have the same thing on my Jeep and it is a piece of plactic that is broken. To fix it, you have to replace the part.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
Unfortunately the decal on my door is located on the outward facing side, and it appears to have been faded by the sun - there are no markings on the label. I do not have a label on the inside facing edge while the door is open.

I have a picture of my door catch mechanism - look similar?

Brian
Hi Brian,

Our door stops are a little different but the fix might work for you also. You might want to check it out as it worked for me.

http://moenracing.com/Door_Stop_Repair.pdf
Old 08-06-2015, 12:25 PM   #7

Thanks Barney!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #8

I am circling back to this old thread; I finally got around to taking apart my door to fix the "popping" sound on the door stop mechanism.

Found a part # on the device - #15196108 with the Stamp FRT RH. Part comes up as Door Check, GM. Good old CC; using off the shelf parts. Can be bought off Amazon right now.

BarneyM repair linked above will work as well; I chose to buy new one, the plastic arm is also worn on mine, as well as the hole obliged. Definitely a wear part.

For others reference.
Brian

Tags
door