Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to nacimiento Send a message via MSN to nacimiento Send a message via Yahoo to nacimiento
Fan Motor

I own a 2008 Country Coach Allure 430. My Eaton gear type fan motor #500AD00010A is leaking. According to Eaton and most all rebuilders as well as CC, this is a discontinued motor and parts are no longer available. Rebuilders will not give a price to rebuild since they may not be able to get the most basic repair parts.
Does anyone know of a new or used/rebuilt unit available? According to CC (Greg) there is no simple conversion to a Sauer Danfoss unit that most CC's were built with.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
A quick Google look gave me this, might want to cheek them out.500AD00010A by EATON CORPORATION - Buy or Repair at PLCCenter - PLCCenter.com

Old 12-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to nacimiento Send a message via MSN to nacimiento Send a message via Yahoo to nacimiento
Thanks Don. I already contacted them and this is an old posting and no longer in stock. They have no other sources.

I don't suppose there is a Junction City, OR service provider that might know about the fan?
Old 12-26-2015, 11:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacimiento View Post
Thanks Don. I already contacted them and this is an old posting and no longer in stock. They have no other sources.

I don't suppose there is a Junction City, OR service provider that might know about the fan?
Two places I recommend:

K&M Mobile RV
Kevin Waite- owner
541-953-6162

Oregon Motorcoach Center
800-942-6860

Kevin is an ex CC tech who started his own business and is excellent

OMC was started by Bob Lee way back when and has a bunch of ex CC techs. Their work is excellent.

Either Kevin or Jim Cooley at OMC should be able to help. Both are in the JC area
Old 12-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Also, I believe Source Engineering has moved to Coburg, OR and advertises they can do things many cannot. They specialize in frame and suspension but worth a call if Kevin or OMC cannot help.

Again, troublesome to hear about what I consider basic items (fan motor) that cannot be repaired/replaced on a 2008 coach. What kind of hydraulic motors do Freightliner and Spartan use on their side radiator rigs?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #6

Quote:
What smlranger said. Source Engineering would be my first contact upon learning that parts for a fan motor were difficult to obtain.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Thanks to the three of you for the information. I have already talked with Jim @ OMC. No luck there. I will try the other two after New Year's.

I believe the most common hydraulic motor/pump used on coaches today is mfg'd by Sauer Danfoss.

I have owned three CC's now and this model has had the most issues of any owned. It has only 25,000 miles on it and everything from injectors, rocker arms, fuel pumps, fuel delivery hose, wheel bearing seals, gasket leaks, crankcase pressure sensor, wiper arm stripped and now the fan motor pump. Quite a challenge.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks to the three of you for the information. I have already talked with Jim @ OMC. No luck there. I will try the other two after New Year's.

I believe the most common hydraulic motor/pump used on coaches today is mfg'd by Sauer Danfoss.

I have owned three CC's now and this model has had the most issues of any owned. It has only 25,000 miles on it and everything from injectors, rocker arms, fuel pumps, fuel delivery hose, wheel bearing seals, gasket leaks, crankcase pressure sensor, wiper arm stripped and now the fan motor pump. Quite a challenge.
Ouch, that is quite a list! Sure hope things are smooth sailing once you get this one behind you! Hang in their....

Smitty
Old 12-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This is our first (and last due to our age) CC and has been the most troublesome and costly for repairs of any RV we've owned and we've owned it less than a year now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:58 PM   #10

I better knock on wood or sacrifice a white chicken because mine has been pretty trouble free
Old 12-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
We certainly expect this Allure to be our last coach (I would never say never), but I don't think is has been any more expensive to maintain than my previous DP which was a Winnebago Journey on a Freightliner chassis. Most of the things that have needed replacement or repair were not particularly related to this being a Country Coach.

I do/would expect that a more complicated or fully featured coach could cost more to maintain. That said, I would be most unhappy to get stranded somewhere with a failed part that could not be repaired or replaced in a timely manner.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
. . .
That said, I would be most unhappy to get stranded somewhere with a failed part that could not be repaired or replaced in a timely manner.
Sorry to hijack the thread
These are great forums, but I had to smile as this post
You guys in the states are so lucky with your repairs and replacements and waiting times -
a pre-requisite of owning an RV in the UK and Europe is the necessity to be prepared to sit it out and wait for parts to be shipped from the States
Breakdown in mainland Europe and your fun really starts, if the UK outlets have it in stock, you might wait only a week or two for delivery
If it is a non-consumable part, that has to come from the States, the fun really starts - says he who spent nearly a month waiting for a part to be shipped from the US via Madrid to the Canary Islands and then trying to get the parts through Canarian Customs (a book in itself!!)
I am so envious of you guys who can take the coach to a 'shop' to get things sorted and who have people who really know their ways around an RV, that said you get to spend time in the strangest of places when things go wrong, and no I wouldn't swap the coach or the challenges of owning an RV "on the wrong side of the pond", just don't plan things in concrete

Apologies again for hijacking the thread

Seasons greetings

P.S. Sauer Danfoss are manufactured over here, if I can help, shout

Ian S.
Exeter - UK (when not away around the UK or in mainland Europe / N. Africa)
Country Coach Allure 2005 Hood River # 31321
Old 12-28-2015, 08:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanSmith-UK View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread
These are great forums, but I had to smile as this post
You guys in the states are so lucky with your repairs and replacements and waiting times -
a pre-requisite of owning an RV in the UK and Europe is the necessity to be prepared to sit it out and wait for parts to be shipped from the States
Breakdown in mainland Europe and your fun really starts, if the UK outlets have it in stock, you might wait only a week or two for delivery
If it is a non-consumable part, that has to come from the States, the fun really starts - says he who spent nearly a month waiting for a part to be shipped from the US via Madrid to the Canary Islands and then trying to get the parts through Canarian Customs (a book in itself!!)
I am so envious of you guys who can take the coach to a 'shop' to get things sorted and who have people who really know their ways around an RV, that said you get to spend time in the strangest of places when things go wrong, and no I wouldn't swap the coach or the challenges of owning an RV "on the wrong side of the pond", just don't plan things in concrete

Apologies again for hijacking the thread

Seasons greetings

P.S. Sauer Danfoss are manufactured over here, if I can help, shout

Ian S.
Exeter - UK (when not away around the UK or in mainland Europe / N. Africa)
Country Coach Allure 2005 Hood River # 31321
I don't see it as a hijack, others had shared their 'opportunities for frustration' too! And Ian, I've followed many of your threads, and certainly salute your 'We'll make it happen!' approach to RV'ing on the other side!!!

I'm sorting out a phantom (while traveling, it occurs 60-70% of the time. While in a shop with the exerts - nada. It is like the new Star Wars, being a 'force to awaken' while we are trips!) leveling problem. We've replaced ride height valves (the two in the rear, did this in tandem to keep them both in the same age range) as it appeared that one of the levelers had a 'dead spot' where it did not know where it was, and thus the leveling system would detect that as being in the right spot for that condition. Right side will remain 2-3" too high, when going into Travel Mode. I end up having to dump all the way down, past where we thought the leveler had a 'dead zone' signal. Then going into Traveling Mode, it seems to work OK. We'll be heading out on a trip at the end of January, and we'll be calling Butch Williams to continue troubleshooting this one.

But, back to you across the pond. At least we're at most only three hours timezone away from calling for expertise help. And usually parts are 2-3 day max turnaround, or less if we pay the extra costs for expedited shipping.

An OP, to not completely ignore you on your fan problem. I did have the Source Engineering Wax Valve installed just 4 months ago now. Really like it. (As I understand your post, it's not your fan controller, it's the actual fan(?), so not a fix for your problem. But agree they're a knowledge base of info, and they may have some other solution/option for you to consider.

And yes, Kevin Waite can quite often find parts that do not seem to exist...

Best of luck to you, and to all, travel safe, have fun,
Smitty
Old 12-29-2015, 11:02 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Thanks all for the discussion and suggestions.

Tags
fan