Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2018, 10:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja View Post
Rampage, am I reading that correctly. You have a great guy but a lot more expensive?
I'm in Cathedral City and hope to get my fogged windows repaired before going back to Washington State.

Sorry, that was confusing, the Affinity windows are more difficult and expensive.
The guy I and several friends have been using is Craig at Reliable Glass in Riverside.
Two numbers. *+1 (909) 557-4898‬ or *(909) 723-4125‬.
He will most likely be at the Quartzite show right now.
He does excellent work and I highly recommend him. He is super busy but if interested call him.
Good luck.
rampage42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 06:30 AM   #16

Well, I rebuilt the passenger window that I removed and disassembled. I used a 3/16" Super Seal spacer instead of the 1/8" spacer that is pure unobtanium. The fit-up was quite tight but it went back together and the window slider works without being too tight in its groove. This is my first window rebuild so I don't know how much harder it was to do when compared to a "normal" rebuild. I did use silicone oil to lube the rubber weather seal and that eased the insertion of the glass unit back into its frame. Whew! It was sure tight but no broken glass.

I'll continue investigating my options for window replacement/repair but as of now I'm leaning toward replacement. The lead time at Peninsula Glass for new windows is 8 weeks so I'm sure glad that I was able to rebuild and reinstall my old unit to seal up my coach again.

Oh and thanks to 8.3Oilruner, wfalch, rampage42, srh and 2 Stroker for your leads. I'll be following up on them.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
Rampage42,
Thanks for the response. I think I'll try to call and see if he is available for some fogged window repair at Desert Shadows RV Resort in Cathedral City.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:15 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja View Post
Rampage42,
Thanks for the response. I think I'll try to call and see if he is available for some fogged window repair at Desert Shadows RV Resort in Cathedral City.

Have another window company for you, Craig has not returned several phone calls.
These guys are doing 5 windows for me right now. They are in Corona, CA. Called and came out the next day.
New View Auto Glass
*(714) 890-1347‬
rampage42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:50 PM   #19

New View Auto Glass did a good job for me. They took the windows out, covered the openings with visqueen, and returned after the weekend with all new rebuilt double pane windows and installed them.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:06 PM   #20

Foretravel Owners Club
Try these guys,
While getting my windshields replaced they were taking out and repairing foggy windows/seal snaking in two RV's parked next to me.
Very Professional it seemed.
RV Glass Solutions
https://www.rvglassexperts.com/
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Try these guys,
While getting my windshields replaced they were taking out and repairing foggy windows/seal snaking in two RV's parked next to me.
Very Professional it seemed.
RV Glass Solutions
https://www.rvglassexperts.com/
Coburg OR?
I've had them do three of mine so far and have another one starting to get foggy. Stayed overnight in the lot with 50 amp hookup, in the morning they go over the work. Took the towed and came back later in the day, all finished and waiting for me to pay the bill.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:29 PM   #22

Try Peninsula Glass in Vancouver WA. A first class operation, IMO. Me and a fellow CC owner stopped by there last week for pricing. We were impressed by the tour of their facility. They ship out lots of windows for RV's, yachts, class B conversion windows to name a few.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:42 PM   #23

Yup, we had RV Glass Solutions in Coburg, OR did ours. We will go back for any future needs.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:15 PM   #24

I should have mentioned that New View Auto Glass is located in Southern California and will come to you depending on distance.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #25

I just scheduled the Auto Glass Boss to fix my foggy windows at my lot in Indio for cheap!!!! They said that they have fixed almost every CC window in the park.

Auto Glass Boss - Mesa - Apache Junction - Chandler - Gilbert Arizona 602-505-3803

Dan
Captain Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #26

Auto Glass Boss did all of the windows in a 2004 Inspire 36 that we're looking at. The windows look great and the owner was pleased with their service.
DJ55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dan View Post
I just scheduled the Auto Glass Boss to fix my foggy windows at my lot in Indio for cheap!!!! They said that they have fixed almost every CC window in the park.

Auto Glass Boss - Mesa - Apache Junction - Chandler - Gilbert Arizona 602-505-3803

Dan
I gave them a call and explained that my window glass consists of two different thicknesses of glass and requires a 1/8" spacer. The gal that answers the phone says "no problem." They're not any kind of close to me but they do follow the FMCA rallies and I'll be trying to schedule a trip to intersect with them in the near future I hope.

That said, I'll call them a second time and send them a sketch of my peculiar windows to make sure they understand what I'm talking about. I sure hope that they can do it as nobody else has been willing to take it on.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:53 PM   #28

Anyone know of any glass places closer to the Philly area but not as far south as Suncoast? Thanks in Advance.
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window