Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Found It 2005 Intrigue OVATION LE

After months of searching all over the country looking for the right coach at the right price we found it in our own back yard from a trusted friend. OK, he found it for us and grabbed it up.

Not the color we wanted. Not the exact floor plan we wanted. But we like her.

Dynomax chassis. 525-HP C-13 12.5 litre CAT. HWH slides and suspension w/Active Air. 36K miles. Has all the other goodies we want and DW thinks shes pretty and can live with the floorplan if I tweak a few things.

We are having a full inspection done next week. If that goes well and if Tony accepts our offer (which he will because we let him make a little money) it's a done deal. Oh Happy Day!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6129388_1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	86869   Click image for larger version

Name:	6129388_2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	86870  

Name:	6129388_15.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	86871   Click image for larger version

Name:	6129388_16.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	86872  

Name:	6129388_17.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	86873  
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2015, 09:28 PM   #2

Sometimes you have to compromise on your wish list when you buy an older coach. I hope it works out for you, main thing is if it makes you both happy!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:03 PM   #3

Good looking coach, looks like it will pass inspection. A few things to look at are (tires-frig-switch to LED lighting-wet PTO)
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:29 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Great looking coach, in the pics at least. As noted, check for dry vs wet PTO and DOT dates on tires. Curious about the extra rubber flaps on the sides at the rear.

I don't think I've ever seen a CC that I didn't like the exterior color/color scheme. We ran into a former CC employee at an RV park in Bend, OR last year. He said he was in charge of exterior design for many years before CC went bankrupt in 09. He said their goal was to strike a balance between something striking but tasteful, unlike the over-the-top swirly, multicolor designs of many of today's motorhomes.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #5

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Overall the style of the paint looks great and is in good condition. We would have prefered a grey scheme as opposed to bronze. We will paint the trailer to match so she'll be a showstopper rolling down the highway. DW says we just cant roll a plain wrapper trailer behind this beauty.

Our inspector has been a friend of ours for years and has been an advisor from the jump. Warned us which brands to avoid, best hardware (warned us to stay away from anything that had slides from a company with a name similar to a bicycle manufacturer of old) and things to look for in the various systems. Really pleased about the slides being HWH hydraulic units.

Gas stove (anyone that loves to cook loves that) and a rather large LP tank considering the stove is the only thing using it. That is until I setup the outdoor kitchen. Yes it takes up basement but it means we don't have to break camp just to get LP if we stay in one spot for a while.

10K Onan and 3K pure sine. 10K hitch which is good since we will be towing a large trailer.

We wanted one with a residential fridge already in it. Mainly for capacity not issues with Norcold. We wanted stackable w/d rather than a combo and will remedy that soon, but not right away as we want to get out there.

We wanted a front galley/mid salon coach but frankly they are rare. But DW says if we change out the sofa and put an "L" unit in there, change out the desk to the one I have designed and move the TV so it's across from the sofa as opposed to 90 degrees to it she will be happy, and as all smart men know, happy wife happy life.

There are some other things we will need to do, some right away. But they are small. In the end we will make her our own. Good thing I'm handy with tools. You hold a screwdriver by the larger end right?

I will inquire about the rear side flaps, but I'm guessing spray control?

Might have to go back over there today and gawk at it again. Then pinch myself because it has taken so long to get to this point I'm not sure it's real.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:52 AM   #6

Pending congrats on your new wheels! Sure looks like a gem. You should enjoy the power of the BIG CAT.

Enjoy the journey ahead, as you make it your coach.

Best,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:36 PM   #7

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Didn't get a chance to go visit last week. Just too much going on.

Cant wait for the inspection.