Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2019, 02:36 PM   #1

Fountain RV/Butch Williams

Ok I'm going to put my flame suit on.
When I puschased my coach their was a paid invoice from Fountain Rv for repairing 6 fogged Windows. I have recently noticed something going on on the inside wall and on the exteriour.
After removing the wood work,blinds,valances and desk. Removed trim ring from window and discovered window not in correct position. Removed all the same from the next window along side of it and same thing. Here is a pic showing the light comming in from upper corner of window.

I went onto their website and their is a complaint for the same thing in my time frame of 2013.
After all I have read about Butch on the forum I'm not to sure about him or fountain.
So far two of the six are installed improperly. Going to need to rip the other four apart. To make it even worse the windows are fogged again.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #2

Butch is related to Kevin Waite. Kevin told me Butch is back in the Pacific NW (WA State, if I recall correctly) and to never let Fountain work on my coach.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #3

And if you ever wondered whats behind that wall paper and 5mm plywood.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Wow, so you cut all that off? Thanks for showing.

I have twice used Carrier and Son's in JC for minor things, they did good job, recommended.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #5

Yea I cut out a bit and felt sick doing it I try and do everything myself. I'm going to pop out the two Windows Sunday and center them in their openings. While the Windows are out it will also be easier to re install the plywood. All the plywood I found is about 1.5mm thicker than what is on there now so I'm going to have to come up with something so I have a smooth wall.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #6

Wow Mike, kudos to you for taking on such a huge task. Hope it turns out well for you.

I had my windows done by a fellow from Bend, OR that used to work at Beaver before they were bought by Monaco. He started his own window business to replace the liner between the glass and would travel to the S/W in the winter visiting Yuma, Quartzsite, Phoenix, Tucson etc and service various coaches.

He must have done a good job as no leaks and no "snaking" of the new liners. I think I paid about $2,500 for all my windows.

Best to you....
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:05 PM   #7

Yea this sucks. I'm suppose to head out to South Carolina around April 8th.
I really can't find much time to work on it and we have been having rain here and there. I won't be around until Sunday and it looks like it will be sunny and 50* good day to pop out the windows.