Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Country Coach Owners Club
Freedom 25 charger/inverter in 1999 Magna

Can anyone advise how to remove the Freedom 25 charger/inverter which is located in the rearmost passenger side bay (along with fuel filters, hydronic heater etc)

I need to replace an internal fan which is a simple job except the housing has to be removed for access to the inside of the unit. All connections and bolts that need to be removed to remove the housing is straight forward ----except the main DC line leading to a 300 amp fuse in another compartment. The heavy gage wire leaves the rear of the unit (two inches from the rear wall of the compartment, then exits through a hole in the bay rear wall and then enters into a huge bundle of flex covered wires and hoses.

One cannot remove the DC lead into the housing and it will be almost impossible to extract enough slack from the bundle of tie wrap secured bundle. The bundle is jammed up over the frame - not even room to cut the cable and reconnect same.

None of the experts I have contacted have a clue - they just say do what you have to do ............

Thanks, Paul M

pvm171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
Paul, I don't have a solution for you, but you might try the Yahoo CC forum at Country-Coach-Owners : Country Coach Owners Association

Although I get good help from here, sometimes the Yahoo forum really comes through. If you post a message there, be sure to identify your year, model and build number.

Pete - Full Timing
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
Freedom 25 charger/inverter removal

Thanks Pete, I shall follow your suggestion. Best regards to you.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
On my 2000 Magna it was a very straight forward removal of 2 bolts(mounting bolts), just make sure you disconnect the batteries and no shore power to ensure no power there prior to working on this system then disconnect the lines into the box.
2000 Country Coach Magna
Pat & Kim
patty98311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
Hi, How do you disconnect the DC cable exiting the back of the unit? On my unit one cannot move the unit more than an inch outward without removing the DC cable that exits the rear.
Thanks for trying to help.

Regards, Paul M