Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #15
Originally Posted by bob potter View Post
Thanks for your response. The people we bought it from said it quit cooling. We can't even get it to start! Yes, tried electric, propane, nothing! We were told at the RV repair place the refrigerator can't be taken out of the Inspire! I'd love a Samsung! I saw an RV on fire along the road and now I'm terrified!

Where did you get the Samsung? Who installed it?
My husband is a knowledgeable mechanic, good with electrical and has been testing all he can to find the problem.
Thanks to all who responded.
First find a new RV repair shop. I had mine installed at
Kustom Coach Works --Home both X Country Coach techs.
It would be good to know your location, east coast-west coast.
2 stroker

2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #16
dead Norcold

We are in SE Az.
I appreciate the posts with info. We'll look into getting the Norcold out. Love my Samsung in the house.
looking for information about getting it out & the new one in!

bob potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #17
Going with a residential fridge mod works well for many. Another option is the change over to the Amish Cooling Unit. Costs with 25% of each other if paying shops to do the work. If doing the work yourself, could be pretty equal.

Much depends on how you use your coach, if you are mostly 'Park to Park' with full hook ups, residential fridge is a good option. If you are a heavy boondocker, then retaining LP does provide a nice option.

The Pro's of he residential fridge is more space for food, usually with the loss of a few drawers of storage. (Depending upon coach.) The Pro's of Amish Cooling unit, is the LP feature provides options for boondocking, and also for in case of emergency where power outages may be prolong. (Hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.).

No right or wrong on this, as it is a matter of choice and how you use your coach.

I will say that the Norcold 1200 unit is not the greatest fridge. I see it as being dangerous in OEM build condition. But, the Amish Cooling Unit, and say the addition of the SS-30 Halon extinguisher within the fridge cabinet, I feel provides a very safe refrigerator.

I did the Amish Cooling Unit, instead of the Mickey Mouse recall Norcold route. I have the SS-30, and I also added extra cooling fans to augment in extreme heat conditions. For me, it would have been less expensive to go the Samsung route. But, I wanted to retain LP capability. Today? Not as important to me, as I've added an 800AH Lifeline battery bank, and 1200W 48V Solar Panel system. If making this decision today, I'd face the wrath of the DW losing her two lower drawers, and go the Samsung route!

But, you have options to consider!
Best of luck,
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:46 AM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
Try This:
The figure to the right is a Norcold NHTSA 10E-049 High Temperature Recall Kit circuit revision-D, use this link to see the newest REV-E drawing. This is a photo of the circuit board removed from the housing. The blue arrow points to the 'REV D' identification. We are told that some of the REV D kits can be reset once tripped. We are told that all REV E kits can be reset using the following method. On top of the board in the photo is a yellow arrow pointing to a long black component which has the circuit identification 'Switch' and 'SW2'. This is a reed switch; a magnet can reset the control by passing it over this switch. We are told that one must sing and dance while waving the magnet in the general direction of this switch. All humor put aside, there is no published sequence, such as power up with magnet on switch, ...., that we can share for the re-set of this device. Our customers have reset many of these controls, some can just pass a magnet by the LED while the cover is on the kit control. Other times, they remove the cover and power up and down the control while rallying RV'ers chant while a magnet is whipped around the Norcold 1200 Series Reca
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	norcold-rev-d.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	79143  
2000 34' York Dynasty
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
passerby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #19
If you go the Samsung route do not be surprised if you boondock and have battery issues. The units add a significant increase in your 12 VDC power requirement when running on the battery and inverter. I am not saying not to do it as you have battery capacity. I am saying you need to consider it may be an issue and that if you have a marginal bank now it may tip you into replacement mode for the batteries. You will be looking at more generator time or solar to keep things happy.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #20
Thank you & yes!!!! Please email pictues and any additional information to us at: ssnpttr@yahoo.com
Wish us luck on our first outing.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #21
Thanks any/all info helps!