Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #1

Fridge Replacement!Hello Again!

Hello All,

I'm still in the hunt for a solution to install a residential fridge in our 1999 40' Country Coach Allure.

The current fridge has the furnace underneath it. The furnace sits atop a wooden box?? platform?? I'm thinking this is some type of return duct?? Any help here would be appreciated.

I could get a residential fridge in there if I could shorten the height of the wooden box. This would require lowering the external exhaust vent outside.

I welcome any help.

Thanks,

Larry
chipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 11:51 AM   #2

Depending on whether you have Hydronic or Forced air heat could make a big difference. If it's a regular Suburban or similar forced air furnace, the box you refer to is actually the furnace itself. You would not be able lower the bottom of the fridge. If you have hydronic heat, then you have flexibility to change things because it's only a Red Dot or similar heat exchanger. You could relocate the entire exchanger if desired.
Fred
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Fredward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
There are refers that will fit in the space you have height wise. You just have to look for them. Otherwise you can give a few repair facilities a call and see what they say. Oregon Motorcoach would ba a good place to call as they have a lot of ex CC employees that probably built your coach
Old 05-17-2016, 06:47 AM   #4

Mine had two drawers directly under fridge and kitchen heat/ blower under drawers. had to remove the drawers and frame over old fridge. Lowered heater cabinet slightly and installed a sturdy floor. squeezed the new fridge into opening and we love it. Installed a stand alone pure sinewave inverter and transfer box, Works great. Got the cabinet depth fridge at a Sears outlet and saved big time as it had a dent on side that is not visible after install. Hardest part was getting thru front door but it fit, I also built a platform to rest the new fridge on to slide it in place.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:36 PM   #5

frig change out 2000 magna Hi

Hi,waternut,just read your post on frig up grade in your 2ooo magna ,i like some kore info. Thanks Charles 5886 2000 magna 36 foot
driveit55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:28 AM   #6

Just let me know what I can do to guide you
waternut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:38 AM   #7

Yours is exactly like my 1999 intrigue. Yes that is your furnace under your refer. Your max height for a residential replacement will be about 61 inches or so. The top trim piece can be removed or cut down. There are several refrigerators that will fit your opening. Search online. Sears has a few kenmore brand, and whirlpool makes a couple. Good luck.
CWTeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:17 PM   #8

frig again

Hello,findley got my pass word to work,if waternut is on this site i would like some info on how and what you did to put in the new frig,we also have a 2000 magna 36 'thanks Charles 828;2736099
driveit55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:02 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
A friend of ours installed a Whirlpool WRT1115FA which is a 11.7 cubic foot in his Magna
Old 05-26-2016, 05:42 AM   #10

Have almost no signal here but will call this weekend when we get home
waternut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, fridge, replace, replacement