Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Front AC Unit, what makes it work??

My Allure has 3 roof AC units and Zone 1, 2 and 3 in the thermostat set up. I can get the mid coach and rear AC units to run but have never been able to run (test) the front AC unit. All 3 AC breakers are on, have 50 amp shore power. I've tried every possible setting at the t-stat, including setting Zone 2 to 'Off'.

Do I have to have the 10KW genset running to run all 3 AC units? Or, if you set one of the other zones to 'off,' will the remaining two zones run?

I've read the Quick Guide related to the AC units and see nothing obvious but I must be missing something.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Is zone #1 set to cool?
May even need dip switch's activated on AC control board.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Is zone #1 set to cool?
May even need dip switch's activated on AC control board.
All zones set to 'cool,' same fan speed or to 'auto' (have tried both). The Coleman T-stat has two slide switches; one that lets you select 'cool', 'heat', or 'off.' The other switch has 'mode' and 'zone.'
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #4

All 3 roof ACs will run on 50 Amp shore power or generator. Does the front AC do anything at all? Did you try fan, heat settings? Could be it's kaput. We had to replace all three ACs, but the first to be replaced lasted about 11 years, so yours shouldn't go out that quick. If you can get to the unit wiring, you may want to check to see if it has power. If not, it may be time for a trip to the shop.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
All 3 roof ACs will run on 50 Amp shore power or generator. Does the front AC do anything at all? Did you try fan, heat settings? Could be it's kaput. We had to replace all three ACs, but the first to be replaced lasted about 11 years, so yours shouldn't go out that quick. If you can get to the unit wiring, you may want to check to see if it has power. If not, it may be time for a trip to the shop.
I've tried the various fan settings and the auto setting. I've tried turning off both Zone 2 and 3 and set the T-stat for cooling for Zone 1 and nothing. I have downloaded the manual of the digital T-stat and will check it for suggestions. It could be the temp sensor for Zone 1 is shot or maybe, as you suggested, the AC is kaput. I did buy an extended warranty that should cover that if necessary.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Update: Duh, front AC works much better when the breaker is actually 'ON.' I had visually checked all three AC breakers and they appeared to be in the ON position. However, I flipped all of them off and then on and discovered that the front AC breaker was actually in the tripped position.

Oh well, feeling stupid but happy that I don't have anything to 'fix.'
Old 05-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Update: Duh, front AC works much better when the breaker is actually 'ON.' I had visually checked all three AC breakers and they appeared to be in the ON position. However, I flipped all of them off and then on and discovered that the front AC breaker was actually in the tripped position.

Oh well, feeling stupid but happy that I don't have anything to 'fix.'
Ahhh, but why did the breaker trip? Could there be a clogged filter or low freon, causing increased head pressure, or even possibly a weak breaker?
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
Ahhh, but why did the breaker trip? Could there be a clogged filter or low freon, causing increased head pressure, or even possibly a weak breaker?

Good question. Or, did someone just turn it off and left it in the middle (tripped) position??

It ran just fine for hours and cooled very well. Will keep an eye on it. Frankly, as well as the other two units cool and as well as this coach is insulated, not sure we will be using all three AC's much. Poking around above the TV, this thing has a full 3 1/2" of insulation plus a vapor barrier in the fiberglass cap. My Journey had no insulation there.