Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2016, 01:41 AM   #1

Front air dash not working

I have a 1997 Country Coach Affinity that I just bought. I drove it home to California from Kansas. The front air cooling system worked great for the first 4 days and then it just got cool to room temperature. I have a switch in the rear bedroom that you can turn on when you have the front air on that will also cool the bedroom. The bedroom cooling system works just fine but the front stopped working in its 4th day out. Does anyone have any idea why the rear bedroom cooling system works but not the front air dash cooling system?
timneal49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
1. Your 134A level may be low and the line from the engine compressor to your bedroom AC is shorter than to the dash AC?

2. You have a separate dryer for each of the front and rear AC evaporators. The one for the dash is likely on the curb side of the engine. The other may be in the bedroom overhead cabinets. The dryer for the Dash AC may be plugged up?

3. You may have a leak at the evaporator at the dash or it may be plugged up?

If #1 is the cause, eventually the rear AC will blow warm also.

Cheapest fix is to borrow AC gauges from Auto Zone for free and install some additional 134A as needed. Cost about $10 for 12 oz. Then see how long the improvement lasts.

Your system probably has 5lbs or so of 134a when filled.

The oil and 134a specs for my AC are on a label on my Cummins surge tank.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #3

You probably have a bad expansion valve on the forward evaporator.
gsander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:45 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
I have the same problem.. Dash A/C not cold! As of last visit to Florida in 10/15
I've been running my generator for Fridge, and then Roof A/C's ... so I've dodged a bullet here!
Ed

HAM Radio Operator - N4EDX
ed mulvaney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash