Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Front End Alignment

I am finishing a trip in the Canadian Atlantic Provinces and headed to Wisconsin to visit family. Can anyone recommend a GOOD front end alignment shop that is properly trained on the SAF-Holland Neway IFS 114P front suspension anywhere between Wisconsin and Texas? I had to replace the front tires in Halifax, however no one in Canada, so far,
will touch the front end.
Jerry

Escapee #27953, FMCA #12697, Good Sam Life Mbr.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I am finishing a trip in the Canadian Atlantic Provinces and headed to Wisconsin to visit family. Can anyone recommend a GOOD front end alignment shop that is properly trained on the SAF-Holland Neway IFS 114P front suspension anywhere between Wisconsin and Texas? I had to replace the front tires in Halifax, however no one in Canada, so far,
will touch the front end.
Jerry
Hi Jerry,

Not surprised you are having a problem finding someone that will take on the job. Had ours re-aligned a while back at CC. I believe the gentlemen's name was Eric and he let me hang around and watch and also explained what he was doing. He was doing alignments with CC in the boom days and came back a few years ago.

There is no easy alignment on a motor home with IFS. First the rear alignment needs to be checked and brought to specs. Most alignment shops are not equipped nor qualified to make changes to the rear alignment. Then the ride height needs to be spot on, front and rear. This is very important! Now the front can be set all the while checking the ride height to make sure it hasn't changed. Once the alignment is done he dropped the chassis and put it back into travel mode. If the settings didn't come back to where they were supposed to be he will make more changes to the front. He won't quit until the settings are correct after dropping and raising the coach to travel height.

Changes in the front or rear ride height will make the front alignment go nuts! If you check your ride height (front and rear) and make sure it's correct that may fix your problem by itself.

Sorry I can't help you with a location that can help you.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:11 PM   #3

To bad you are on the other coast. Kaiser Alignment in Eugene is excellent.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:29 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
To bad you are on the other coast. Kaiser Alignment in Eugene is excellent.
So is Hendersons and the old/new CC factory.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #5

Precision Alignment near Minneapolis. The owner has been working on RV suspensions for years and often sits on FMCA panels. I met Dick last year at the Perry FMCA event. We happened to be in the area this week and called to make an appointment, I was having un even tire wear.
His facility has 30 and 50amp service for those needing it or for overnighting before an early appointment.

He saw us at 7am worked on the coach for 2 hours, fixed our issue rotated the front tires and the bill? $110.

I will happily drive out of my way to see him again!
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:20 AM   #6

Spinn, that sounds like the place to go and not much out of my way. Also sounds like his price is very reasonable. THANKS!
Jerry
Old 08-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Appleton Wisconsin: Accurate Alignment

If you'll be anywhere near, give them a call. They're well thought of in the area.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #8

My alignment issues were admirably resolved by JoSam in Orlando FL. Talk to Barry at 407-438-7020. He was recommended by Butch Williams at Fountain RV.
2002 Country Coach Allure 36' #30783
Cummins ISC 350
BluegrassFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:32 PM   #9

JMonroe & BluegrassFan, thanks for the input! I am very familiar with the JoSam company as I worked with them when I was with a major HD truck manufacturer and they are very knowledgeable.
Jerry