Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
"..........from another angle to see this, those million $ tour buses like prevost and its marathon conversions, don't have the "armor". wouldn't that tell us something? "

Yes it does. It means they have more money than we do!
did you imply they care less about the rock chips?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2016, 07:06 AM   #16

Quote:
It is actually Summit Products in Altoona,IA. They build some really nice stuff.

I raided their scrap bin once and got some really nice scraps for other projects. They usually come to the FMCA international conventions

Summit Products, Inc. - Fabrication Products
dons2346
Thanks
Mel

Old 10-19-2016, 10:41 AM   #17
DTS

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
It is actually Summit Products in Altoona,IA. They build some really nice stuff.

I raided their scrap bin once and got some really nice scraps for other projects. They usually come to the FMCA international conventions

Summit Products, Inc. - Fabrication Products
I'm pretty sure that's the outfit I was referred to a few months back when I was looking for parts for mine (it might even have been you who directed me to them). I contacted them and was told they stopped making the lexan shields due to diminishing demand for them. She was nice enough to have someone check old and obsolete stock for me but no dice. I think the OP will find a dead end there.

For what its worth, I've come to see these things as just a visual accessory that has fallen out of fashion. Yeah I'm sure they have some marginal benefit but probably aren't worth the cost and hassle to have them. I had been wanting to keep mine just for the "period correct" look it has, as I remember seeing them on all the high-end coaches back in those days. I work in the Jeep aftermarket accessories industry and I see these Coach Armor shields as similar to a lot of the stuff sold in my industry. Much of it is useless, or at least, useless to the person who bought it but will never need it. They buy it just to bolt something on to their vehicle because they think it looks cool, regardless of its marginal or non-existent functionality.
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:04 PM   #18

Diamond Shield removal

What worked best for us was a clothes steamer applied directly to the front of the rv and then peeling or scraping off the stuff with plastic razor blades. Takes several hours. Then, to get the glue off, use Rapid Remover which you can purchase through Amazon. None of the other suggestions I read worked on our coach. Good luck.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:16 PM   #19

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachmenKat View Post
What worked best for us was a clothes steamer applied directly to the front of the rv and then peeling or scraping off the stuff with plastic razor blades. Takes several hours. Then, to get the glue off, use Rapid Remover which you can purchase through Amazon. None of the other suggestions I read worked on our coach. Good luck.
We're talking about the Lexan shield, not the 3M type film.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:34 PM   #20

The 3M clear protection would do the job and look better. Can be replaced at any time. You can cover anything with it, body, bumpers, mirrors etc.
Would really update the look.