Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Front TV removal, 2007 Allure

Only had the Allure one day and already plotting and scheming .

The original owner bought this coach with a 37" HD TV upgrade up front but the coach has the Trac Vision dome so Direct TV HD not possible. We got a killer deal on the Winegard Trav'lr dish while here and will install when we get home. I will need to remove the front TV to access the back to install HDMI cable also thinking cables from the Trac Vision come into the coach above/behind that TV.

I see four buttons on the wood bezel which I would think hide screws. However, the TV is mounted outside of and flush to that bezel. Any suggestions on how to remove the TV are appreciated.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #2

I also have a 2007 Allure. Have you looked in the right side upper cabinet next to the TV. Mine has a panel that is screwed in that gave me access to the TV, where I could plug in a hdmi cable. Mine was semi difficult to get out, due to a tight fit. I'm looking at changing out the in motion antenna to a RF Mogul type antenna.

Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 430 View Post
I also have a 2007 Allure. Have you looked in the right side upper cabinet next to the TV. Mine has a panel that is screwed in that gave me access to the TV, where I could plug in a hdmi cable. Mine was semi difficult to get out, due to a tight fit. I'm looking at changing out the in motion antenna to a RF Mogul type antenna.
Thanks for the tip. Yes it does appear removal of that panel will get it done.

We have our Direct TV receiver connected and are getting satellite programming on the front TV. However, I'm having trouble with the rear 32" Sharp Aquos. When I choose 'Source' on the remote, I get no response from the TV. Choosing 'Input', I only get options for OTA and several cable options, DVD, etc. but nothing that says 'SAT.' On the same 37" Sharp TV up front, selecting 'Input' gives you at 'SAT' option. So I'm stumped.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #4

Glad I was able to help. Your next problem, can't help... As my front Direct Box went belly up, due to heat. Had to take the rear one out and put it in the front. I have the H20 box that is subject to heat problems, so if you have the same box, that might be part of your problem your having...sorry
Old 04-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Thanks for the tip. Yes it does appear removal of that panel will get it done.

We have our Direct TV receiver connected and are getting satellite programming on the front TV. However, I'm having trouble with the rear 32" Sharp Aquos. When I choose 'Source' on the remote, I get no response from the TV. Choosing 'Input', I only get options for OTA and several cable options, DVD, etc. but nothing that says 'SAT.' On the same 37" Sharp TV up front, selecting 'Input' gives you at 'SAT' option. So I'm stumped.
If the satellite receiver is wired to your rear tv, you need to determine what connection was used by looking at the back of your tv.

If Coax wire, then select TV and the channel your receiver broadcasts on. The receiver's channel selector would be on the back of the receiver and usually is channel 3 or 4 analog.

Once you know which channel is used, go to menu/setup and be sure to add that channel to your active channel list.

If the receiver is wired via component or HDMI connection, select the appropriate input connection on your TV and you should see the broadcast.

You usually can re-label any of those inputs except "TV" yourself. For instance you can label HDMI 2 as "Satellite".

Your TV manual is a great resource.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Glad I was able to help. Your next problem, can't help... As my front Direct Box went belly up, due to heat. Had to take the rear one out and put it in the front. I have the H20 box that is subject to heat problems, so if you have the same box, that might be part of your problem your having...sorry
Tell me about the H2O box. There does not seem to be any source of heat near the overhead cabinet (over the passenger seat) that houses the Sat receiver, DVD, home theater amp, and a Tivo.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
If the satellite receiver is wired to your rear tv, you need to determine what connection was used by looking at the back of your tv.

If Coax wire, then select TV and the channel your receiver broadcasts on. The receiver's channel selector would be on the back of the receiver and usually is channel 3 or 4 analog.

Once you know which channel is used, go to menu/setup and be sure to add that channel to your active channel list.

If the receiver is wired via component or HDMI connection, select the appropriate input connection on your TV and you should see the broadcast.

You usually can re-label any of those inputs except "TV" yourself. For instance you can label HDMI 2 as "Satellite".

Your TV manual is a great resource.
I think the problem is the older standard definition Direct TV receiver I am using with the bedroom TV. There are red/green/blue video cables and a red/white audio cable in the enclosure. My receiver only has S-video outputs and a red/white video out, red/white audio out. I was using an S-video cable for video to the TV in my former coach. I will need to either upgrade the receiver or get an S-video cable attached to the Sharp TV.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #8

Here is a picture of the HR20 box that I have/had and that went belly up...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...ML._SX300_.jpg

The unit itself generates all the heat it needs to make it fail. Add the heat from your (mine) AMP and DVD. With no circulation these units can and will fail over time. Additionally here is a link for DirecTV forum where they are discussing the heat issue on this unit.... Directv H20 heat - how warm sh | High Definition Television (HD | DIRECTV Technical Help Forums .
I'm unsure if this is causing your problem. When my unit(s) were working, I had a second box in the bedroom. If you do not have a second TV box, there is an obvious problem with the two connecting. I re-read your original post and I'm wondering if the previous owner had the same problem as mine and did the same as I did and removed the back unit to replace the front one that went bad. Do you have a DVD unit in the bedroom. I have one that is/was connected to the rear TV box, but as I said I had to remove it, put it front so we could enjoy TV. There will be some additional wires unconnected that you should be able to see. They were hard wired (front to back) together. I think you are going to need someone that understands this stuff.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Well, I figured it out. I now have Direct TV signal from the Trac Vision to both TV's. The rear TV is easy to pull....just remove the four wood buttons hiding the screws in the wood bezel, remove the screws and the bezel with TV attached comes out. Again, looking at the construction of the cabinets in places you would not normally see, I am impressed with how solidly this coach is built.

I moved a few connections around on the TV and I am good to go.

As to the box with all the gizmo's up front, yes, I agree heat could be a problem. My Direct TV receiver is the H23. I thought I could install a muffin fan in the side of the cabinet at the top to vent heat. The door on my cabinet had been broken and the dealer sent it to a cabinet shop to be rebuilt. We are to get that door next Monday on the way home. I don't know if it has smoked glass or some sort of mesh that will dissipate heat.

My Yamaha home theater amp works and I have the Home/Dash switch in the 'home' position but I get no theater sound. My in-dash Pioneer GPS/BU camera/radio was dead and the dealer replaced it with a new Pioneer unit. The tech told me he spent nearly 5 hours figuring out the wiring so maybe that is the issue.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #10

That is great news on fixing it and having it work. My door on the electronic cabinet, was a fabric material and we had it changed out to a black wire mesh. Reading up on the H-23 it does not appear to have the heat problem that mine had, great news for you. I was looking to install a USB fan and connect it to the TV box. hopefully when the box comes on the fan starts up and air is circulates in the cabinet. Regarding my bedroom electronics...I had the DirecTV box and a DVD player. Connected to the DVD player is a surround sound system. I have a large bass speaker under the bed and 4 speakers in the ceiling. It is only on when the DVD player is working.

On a note to keep in the gray matter...I have (and you might have one) a 5 amp fuse behind the breaker panel that is inside the coach. We lost our air conditioners and other things one day and after checking every fuse we could find, I was forced to take it in for repair and they found it. it is behind the breaker panel that needs to be removed and it is at the top of the opening.
Good Luck in your travels.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
That is great news on fixing it and having it work. My door on the electronic cabinet, was a fabric material and we had it changed out to a black wire mesh. Reading up on the H-23 it does not appear to have the heat problem that mine had, great news for you. I was looking to install a USB fan and connect it to the TV box. hopefully when the box comes on the fan starts up and air is circulates in the cabinet. Regarding my bedroom electronics...I had the DirecTV box and a DVD player. Connected to the DVD player is a surround sound system. I have a large bass speaker under the bed and 4 speakers in the ceiling. It is only on when the DVD player is working.

On a note to keep in the gray matter...I have (and you might have one) a 5 amp fuse behind the breaker panel that is inside the coach. We lost our air conditioners and other things one day and after checking every fuse we could find, I was forced to take it in for repair and they found it. it is behind the breaker panel that needs to be removed and it is at the top of the opening.
Good Luck in your travels.
Thanks for the tip on the fuse. That is what makes IRV2 so great. We help each other with these complicated beasts. I cannot tell you how much time and money the folks on the Winnebago forum saved me over the years. I only hope I can always return the favors.

Strange that they would put a fuse behind a service panel in a coach that otherwise seems well engineered.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like...

Regarding TV surround sound.

It sounds like you need a digital audio connector from the TV to the surround sound amp.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #13

Is there anyone out there having problems with Rf Mogul 2100 logging on to Shaw satellites? The dish provides great reception once it finds the bird, the issue with mine is it locks on to the wrong satellite more often than not; especially if the coach is facing north. The dish seems to align easier if i'm facing south/south east. I'm in consultation with Royal Lamb one of the owners at RF mogul trying to solve the programming problem, sometimes other experiences and resolutions can help.

Tags
removal