Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
Fuel additives for storage

Getting ready to put my 02 Intrigue in storage for 6 months. Been reading up on today's diesel fuel. Besides a Bioside does anyone add a Cetane Boost to their tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

USAF Retired
2002 CC Intrigue 36'
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #2

I think the one I'm using is both. Now I have to get off the couch and go and check.

99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:48 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
For 6 month storage I would not add either cetane or biocide additives. Especially if it is during cooler weather (algae growth slowed in cold weather). Make sure the tank is full, to avoid any moisture condensation from air cooling in a near empty tank.

If you are concerned with diesel gelling (cold weather, less than 10F) and you want to start the unit, make sure you have a winter diesel or non-bio diesel blend, or #1 diesel in the tank, or use an anti-gelling additive.

Hope this helps.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL
Toad: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:04 AM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
Diesel fuel additives

We have used a diesel fuel stabilizer in our 400 ISL and our corporate equipment for many years with excellent results. I am a big fan of adding a biocide as well after one clogged fuel filter from algae. Not every winter day is below freezing. CRC makes an excellent stabilizer specifically for diesel fuel and a small amount treats a large amount of fuel. I also like Star Tron diesel additive. Biobor JF is my biocide favorite. Good luck. You're one day closer to getting back on the road.

'03 Country Coach Intrigue 42
Old Dinghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:30 PM   #5
I am putting my Cummins 400 ISL to bed until January. I will fill the tank, use a biocide and anti-gel before I run it into the storage building. Make sure you run the Gen set and the Hydrohot long enough to get the stuff into those fuel lines also.
Ed and Barb Burgess
2004 42' Country Coach Tag, Intrigue
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:33 PM   #6
i have been using Star Tron Enzyme Diesel Fuel Treatment, works as supposed.

2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote

fuel, storage