Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Fuel Filters

The last service I received they used NAPA filters. Do you recommend a different make?

I have a 370 Cummins

Thanks!

John
2003 Allure
Gatesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2018, 06:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
I believe NAPA filters are basically WIX filters. They are good filters.

I use Fleetguard filters.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:18 PM   #3

Thanks. I just read your thread on things in your toolbox you take with you on trips, I’m going to copy those suggestions. However, I need a lot of schooling on the air bag valves you mentioned. Have not ventured in those waters as of yet.

I’ll pick up new filters...the one that is a water separator with the clear plastic bottom...it does not have any numbers on it...Should that be an issue at NAPA? Also, I’ve got an appt. with Cummins in Spartanburg Wed. To look at my error codes, update firmware, check the coolant ph, and just look around. Is that where you get the fleet guard filters?

Thanks for all your help, you are a blessing to those of us who are still learning!
2003 CC Allure 36’ First Ave. #30914
Gatesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:19 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatesway View Post
Thanks. I just read your thread on things in your toolbox you take with you on trips, I’m going to copy those suggestions. However, I need a lot of schooling on the air bag valves you mentioned. Have not ventured in those waters as of yet.

I’ll pick up new filters...the one that is a water separator with the clear plastic bottom...it does not have any numbers on it...Should that be an issue at NAPA? Also, I’ve got an appt. with Cummins in Spartanburg Wed. To look at my error codes, update firmware, check the coolant ph, and just look around. Is that where you get the fleet guard filters?

Thanks for all your help, you are a blessing to those of us who are still learning!

I do get my filters from the Cummins parts counter. I am a Power Club member so get a 10% discount. I had my coach serviced at the former CC factory couple of years ago and they did use NAPA filters. Nothing wrong with them or Baldwin, Donaldson, Wix. I used to get my annual service at a local Cummins Coach Care shop so that is why I started with Fleetguard.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
I do get my filters from the Cummins parts counter. I am a Power Club member so get a 10% discount. I had my coach serviced at the former CC factory couple of years ago and they did use NAPA filters. Nothing wrong with them or Baldwin, Donaldson, Wix. I used to get my annual service at a local Cummins Coach Care shop so that is why I started with Fleetguard.
I agree with all of this input. Nothing wrong with any of the filters mentioned. I too use the Power Club, and purchase Fleetguard. (I find they have fresh stock, and never had any filter purchased that was close to Shelf Life Expiration Date. Be aware of that, as some smaller places, and online places (Filter Barn) will sell old new stock. I had Fleetguard Filters shipped to me from Filter Barn, that were passed their Shelf Life Expiration dates... The refunded me, but I had to talk with for a few minutes to convince them that Shelf Life was an item I was aware form Aerospace days - and that no, I was not going to accept old stock. Not sure if they have changed their business processes since then or not.) My message here, is to buy from a reputable business, with good inventory management!

I'd suggest the easiest thing to on the levelers, is to start a relationship with Kevin Waite. Get your coach serial number, and call him and ask him what he needs from you to confirm he has ther right levelers for you to carry as spares. I find that Kevin's prices are fair, especially for the added value he provides on assistance on getting the 'right' part for a specific rig. He also has a service where you pay a yearly fee, that allows you (Or other techs working on your coach.) to call him for guidance and help on the road. When we're traveling extensively, especially in remote regions or say in Canada or on the way to Alaska, I pay for that years of coverage with Kevin. Might want to consider that the first few years out, until you get your feet wet!

Best to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:34 PM   #6

We bought our coach in '02 and I have used NAPA Gold filters yearly. Yet to have a problem. I do use the Cummins coolant filter as I just don't trust any other for the coolant side. May sound strange but that's just the way I have done it.

Good luck and enjoy that coach!
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel