Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #1

Gen wont go back in

My generator is in the front of my 89 CCC. there is a switch when depressed pushes the gen with air pressure out of the front of the coach. Once your done with it you just push the switch up and air pulls the gen back in place. I have a switch that does the same thing for the floor in front of the passenger seat. The air pushes a floor out so the passenger has a floor to rest their feet on. Once you need to exit the coach you just flip the switch and the air pulls the floor back.
Now for the problem, both switches work fine for pushing the floor and the gen out. But the return switch will not pull either back in. After flipping the gen switch about 50 times I heard a pretty loud thud and the gen went back in thank goodness. I am assuming that the same valve is used for both the floor and the gen for return ? I am thinking that the valve is sticking in N position? I also notice on this last trip that once in a while the speedo wasn't working. If I just pushed the floor switch to move the floor out the speedo would start working again. I am assuming that the speedo also works on air ?

Am I way off on all my assuming or am I way off on a valve being the problem ? Can I service the valve or just buy a new one ?
Bootjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Crawl underneath and see if the speedometer cable is hanging up on the gen. or step.

Could be mechanical or electrical cable.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:08 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
My response is to serve as a posting bump for your question.

Likely only other Concept owners will have your answer.

In 1995, CC had run out of air, and hence no assist on my Magna's generator slide.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:44 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootjack View Post
My generator is in the front of my 89 CCC. there is a switch when depressed pushes the gen with air pressure out of the front of the coach. Once your done with it you just push the switch up and air pulls the gen back in place. I have a switch that does the same thing for the floor in front of the passenger seat. The air pushes a floor out so the passenger has a floor to rest their feet on. Once you need to exit the coach you just flip the switch and the air pulls the floor back.
Now for the problem, both switches work fine for pushing the floor and the gen out. But the return switch will not pull either back in. After flipping the gen switch about 50 times I heard a pretty loud thud and the gen went back in thank goodness. I am assuming that the same valve is used for both the floor and the gen for return ? I am thinking that the valve is sticking in N position? I also notice on this last trip that once in a while the speedo wasn't working. If I just pushed the floor switch to move the floor out the speedo would start working again. I am assuming that the speedo also works on air ?

Am I way off on all my assuming or am I way off on a valve being the problem ? Can I service the valve or just buy a new one ?

I'm going to have to look at my '89 Concept at the generator release. I thought the switch in the accessory bay was only an electric solenoid for releasing the latch which holds the generator in the stowed position. If there is also a pneumatic function then mine is not working.

Regarding the step cover; there's a pneumatic ram with two air lines attached on the underside of the cover. My cover was only working in one direction and upon taking it apart I discovered one of the nylon air lines had cracked at the attach point. I reattached the line and it has stayed intact for almost two years now. Secondly, I had to adjust the air regulator (located in the accessory bay under the driver's seat) so that the step cover wouldn't slam in either direction. If you haven't already located the regulator for the step let me know and I can post a photo. If the generator slide also uses air to move the generator in and out I highly doubt it would share the same regulator as the step even though it would use the same air source/system. There is a second regulator in this same compartment and I had not figured out what this regulator controls. I'm now thinking this is likely the regulator for the generator slide. I'll have to check it out and let you know what I find. In any case, the generator and step cover couldn't share the same valve as they have separate switches. Also, the required air pressure would have to be different for each system.

Regarding the speedometer; I had assumed this was strictly electric but I'll take a look at this as well and let you know what I find. I do know that my speedometer is inaccurate and basically useless, even though the odometer seems to be pretty much right on. I'm not sure why both the speedometer and odometer wouldn't be equally inaccurate unless they are actually two separate systems. I've always used my GPS as a speedometer.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote