Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Good bye to what is left of my DHS Home Theater

Hi All,
We recently purchased a 2001 Intrigue. It already had two Samsung LCD TVs installed. The only part of the DHS System that was working was the back up camera. It is time ditch DHS Home Theater and install a better system. I will need to run some new wires between the dash and the overhead area. Does anyone know where the wires run? Do they run up the drivers side windshield pillar? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2016, 05:48 PM   #2

I am intimately familiar with the fron end of that year Intrigue. You will find wire going up both pillars and the trim next to the passenger as well as behind the driver. I had replaced the stock DHS with a surround system several years ago. I recently replaced the 27" LCD TV I installed years ago, with a 40" LED. Did the cabinet work, tied into a new Yamaha head unit, New Blue Ray DVD player and Apple TV. Sweet sound now. We dropped the satellite and just stream or go OTA. Read a lot. The 40 seems just right size for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	128980  

CC Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:22 PM   #3

CC Driver,
Thanks for the information. I will check the windshield pillars and run the wires that way. I am going to do the install next week. How are the DHS speakers?
Bluefoot53
Old 06-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #4

They're not bad. I left the two in front along with the 6x9 hooked up to the in dash stereo. Good for xm and books on CD going down the road.

My center and sub speakers are Yamaha, came with the head unit. I use Sony 1" mini's for the other 4.
CC Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #5

Am planing to replace my all but dead Panasonic dash unit with a new one and I have the DHS system in my coach. Followed the head unit wires and they tie into an amp?? mounted under the dash. Speaker wires leave there but it only sends the left and right front speaker wires out rest are not connected. Have to assume (yea) that there is another part of the system that processes the two channel into a 5.1. Could ask lots of questions here but will try to keep it simple. Where is the other control unit? If I hook my new dash head unit up should I try to use the rca pre out to the under dash controller and turn off the dash head units internal amp? Factory ran a wiring harness plug in to plug into the under dash unit but it has the RCA in also on the unit but not connected now. HELP
Old 06-04-2016, 11:51 PM   #6

Waternut,
On my Intrigue the control unit and backup camera box are on the passenger side under the dash. The DHS Amp is up behind the TV. I plan to run everything from a new head unit. I will let you know how it goes next week.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:31 AM   #7

Found out some of the locations. The main control processor is screwed to the floor under the drawer unit behind the drivers seat. All the speaker wires leave from there. I have a new radio coming today and am going to try plugging the pre-amps out on the radio into the RCA front in into the processor under the dash that the original head unit plugged into. If that doesn't work or the TV surround stops working will have to rethink. Worse thing is mount new speakers for the dash head unit and install a new video receiver unit for the TV/ DVD player. Second option would sure make life simpler and bring the sound system up to date. Already have almost the equipment needed to do the job.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:18 PM   #8

Sounds like you are making progress. I removed the head unit and the controller today. I left what I guess is the backup camera converter. (changes S video to RCA) The backup camera works when plugged into the TV. Tomorrow I will be installing a new head unit that should run about everything, including GPS, and backup camera. It is a Eonon G211f that I purchased from Amazon. I will let you know how it works out.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:15 PM   #9

I replaced the head unit yesterday and could not get any sound to the factory installed speakers no mater how I tried to connect it. Did not try too hard as I was already leaning toward installing speakers from the new dash radio. Installed some 3" two way Infinty speakers in the post at both ends of the windshield down low. No big issue running the speaker wires but for the rear I am installing two 6.5" in their own enclosures behind the two front seats resting on the wire tray. Ordered the speaker boxes from "The Box Store". Said they will ship them out Friday and had a choice of many colors for the carpet covering them. The speaker wire for drivers side again wasn't too bad to run but the passenger side was enough to drive you crazy. Could have tried to pull the carpet up and snake a fish tape thru but decided to run up the center of windshield, around the top cabinets to the right. Down the wood wire tray beside passenger seat and back to the cabinet behind the seat. I like the way it came out but took several long hours to run it. Will let you know how it comes out when I get the boxes and finish. Just the small two front speakers are a huge improvement. The kenwood unit was easy to install, hooked right up the the rear view camera. Will run an Ipod, HDMI cable, blue tooth, Android and apple phones, XM radio so big step forward I think.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:09 AM   #10

Stereo is in

Now I have to figure out how to use it.

I also added a USB power supply.

Tags
heat, heater