Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Jay View Post
Hi Smitty
Talked to Kevin Friday, we will connect when we are down there. The coach is at Premier. We want to take delivery on a Monday so we have the week available to keep going over the various systems with people who know what they are talking about until my feeble mind grasps what they are saying. My current sense is that Premier is doing a credible job on the comprehensive PDI, including repairing 5 foggy windows, which delayed us a week.

We currently have Good Sam on the roadside service, but would switch if it was warranted.

Will try Wholesale this week to see what is on offer.

Looks like we need a spare parts stock, and will get suggestions from both Premier and Kevin. Also need a tool list, hopefully not an entire Snap-On truck, just enough to cover the likely requirements. We built in an added 15% of purchase price to cover WA sales tax and registration, repair and upgrade at delivery, spares to keep on hand, and a dedicated tool kit sourced at Harbor Freight.

One extra I may include is a comprehensive inspection of all the electrical grounds. In reading the posts for the last year the electrical issues seem the most vexing, and are often related to grounding issues, and I do not want to crawl under an air suspension bus while on the road.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Looking forward to more responses.
Just putting two and two together............you are purchasing the CC from Premier ? ( consignment ) , correct ? If so , I have some words to the wise to consider..let me know where you are at on this Coach.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #30

PM Sent

Terry Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:03 PM   #31

Quote:
I found Kevin Waite's phone and email, sent him an email, and we will get together in JC. He will have a suggested spares list for me. Kevin, this is Wallet, Wallet, this is Kevin...(Insert Smiley Face with Grin here). Pushed back delivery a week as there are a number of foggy window repairs to be made and because i want at least 3 days available to go over the systems and maintenance. Lots of time in Diesel and lots of time in Towables, but no time in a coach.

Thanks to all for the comments, and I sure hope you keep them coming.
It's good you will be meeting with an " independent apraizel" exper. , in person. However that's not always the best , it's just one more avenue for discovery. I I called Terry last year , was having major problems with my electrical invertors and charging system. . He confirmed what I should do , buy new , but once I started digging into the problem, it was just components , which as an owner I could buy the replacement invertors cheaper than he could or any other dealer, as that was the MFG. program to owners. I was lucky and found a super mechanic on these coaches, in northern Wisconsin., only 200 miles south of me , a great find. He has ( with help from CC persons ) replaced on the mother board, that , no one else in North America would touch. over 25 printed cur it boards
Old 09-15-2016, 04:12 AM   #32

Quote:
PM Sent
What's new with your new Coach deal . ?
Old 09-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
What's new with your new Coach deal . ?
Kevin Waite was supposed to do a full inspection yesterday late, waiting to hear result. Plan to go to JC Tuesday for actual pick up and closing. Am trying to get a spare parts and tool list from both Kevin and Premier. Had a number of burned out halogen lights when we looked at it, so asked Premier to replace what they could with LED. That should cure the heat build-up issues in those fixtures. Need to check the OR football schedule and schedule the trip back up I-5 to avoid the football frenzy and the Portland rush hour. We are renting a car for the trip down. Hope this is not TMI.

Best to all,
Terry
Old 09-16-2016, 08:55 AM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Please keep us updated. I just signed up for a year with Kevin. Good luck.
TonySheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:48 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Kevin Waite was supposed to do a full inspection yesterday late, waiting to hear result. Plan to go to JC Tuesday for actual pick up and closing. Am trying to get a spare parts and tool list from both Kevin and Premier. Had a number of burned out halogen lights when we looked at it, so asked Premier to replace what they could with LED. That should cure the heat build-up issues in those fixtures. Need to check the OR football schedule and schedule the trip back up I-5 to avoid the football frenzy and the Portland rush hour. We are renting a car for the trip down. Hope this is not TMI.

Best to all,
Terry
The Ducks have a home game next weekend. I believe they are at Nebraska this weekend. We thought we would have an issue getting into Premier RV Resort in Eugene next week and thru next weekend because of their home game but we had no issue.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #36

UPDATE:

Went to JC on Tuesday in a rental car. Kevin did the inspection Monday and emailed the inspection sheets, and he found a number of cosmetic issues (no surprise on a 10 year old unit) and a few notable ones. When we got there Premier had already taken care of most of the notable items on Kevin's inspection, and were working on fogged windows. Looks like they repaired every window in the coach. After acceptance the HydroHot seemed to have a problem and they replaced the mixer valve. I brought a Dish box with me and they installed it and got it functioning properly. I asked them to replace all the halogen down lights with LEDs, and they did, on my nickel, which was fine. As part of the delivery service they changed the oil and filters on the engine (Cat C13) and generator (Onan 10 kw), and inspected all the hoses. Included spares are a set of filters and the serpentine belt, don't know if they were left by the previous owner. They also took out the enormous sleeper couch (9' long?) and sold me and installed a 5' jackknife sofa, so Millie got two swivel rocker recliners from the furniture store, which she prefers, and she will remove the euro chair that was in the coach. To clarify, one will fit street side where the couch has been shortened and one will replace the Euro chair. The swivel rockers are harder to move, but she is a lot more comfortable in them, and they are kind to her back..

The driving instruction went well, with Gary as instructor. It was a short loop drive, some narrow roads and a number of curves. The emphasis was on watching the mirrors to avoid inside radius collisions on the turns. We had the Jake set at medium. Went to CFN and filled up the diesel tank and left Premier and JC about 12:30 Friday. Headed north on I-5 and had the usual traffic delays in Portland and Olympia. The Silverleaf reports we got 7mpg on the way home, which seems OK considering the traffic congestion and the hilly and curvy drive along Hood Canal.

So far all is well, drives nicely, and Millie likes it. Premier was a pleasure to deal with, and I had to seek them out on Friday to make sure we settled up on the extra work before we left. Talked to Kevin and he is fine with an assortment of Harbor Freight tools.

Thanks to all who have commented, looking forward to a great new adventure.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #37

So good to hear the positive comments on your delivery. We're taking delivery on an 07 Intrigue Ovation towards the end of October from Premier.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 being pushed by a 2007 Cadillac CTS (4 down)
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:39 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Glad to hear it went well. Kevin is a great resource. Wishing you many happy miles.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:55 AM   #39

Quote:
UPDATE:

Went to JC on Tuesday in a rental car. Kevin did the inspection Monday and emailed the inspection sheets, and he found a number of cosmetic issues (no surprise on a 10 year old unit) and a few notable ones. When we got there Premier had already taken care of most of the notable items on Kevin's inspection, and were working on fogged windows. Looks like they repaired every window in the coach. After acceptance the HydroHot seemed to have a problem and they replaced the mixer valve. I brought a Dish box with me and they installed it and got it functioning properly. I asked them to replace all the halogen down lights with LEDs, and they did, on my nickel, which was fine. As part of the delivery service they changed the oil and filters on the engine (Cat C13) and generator (Onan 10 kw), and inspected all the hoses. Included spares are a set of filters and the serpentine belt, don't know if they were left by the previous owner. They also took out the enormous sleeper couch (9' long?) and sold me and installed a 5' jackknife sofa, so Millie got two swivel rocker recliners from the furniture store, which she prefers, and she will remove the euro chair that was in the coach. To clarify, one will fit street side where the couch has been shortened and one will replace the Euro chair. The swivel rockers are harder to move, but she is a lot more comfortable in them, and they are kind to her back..

The driving instruction went well, with Gary as instructor. It was a short loop drive, some narrow roads and a number of curves. The emphasis was on watching the mirrors to avoid inside radius collisions on the turns. We had the Jake set at medium. Went to CFN and filled up the diesel tank and left Premier and JC about 12:30 Friday. Headed north on I-5 and had the usual traffic delays in Portland and Olympia. The Silverleaf reports we got 7mpg on the way home, which seems OK considering the traffic congestion and the hilly and curvy drive along Hood Canal.

So far all is well, drives nicely, and Millie likes it. Premier was a pleasure to deal with, and I had to seek them out on Friday to make sure we settled up on the extra work before we left. Talked to Kevin and he is fine with an assortment of Harbor Freight tools.

Thanks to all who have commented, looking forward to a great new adventure.
Glad to see your purchase went well. As a rule just about all of us that bought from Premier ( Gary, Susan etc. ) have had a good experience with the purchase process. As is common , there are always add -on things you want installed. Premier seems well equipped to handle those wishes....in our case with the Concept it took a week to complete our wants, so a little sight seeing up and down the Coast was a pleasant experience. Oregon has some nice people, everywhere we went. ( my GMC Sub. Broke down on the Sat we were leaving and the Eugene Chev dealer really went out of his way to help us get going with the sick vehicle so it could be towed behind the Coach ).

I wish you lots of great miles and smiles as you continue down life's highway in a better way , a motor coach !
Old 09-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #40
BVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
It's good you will be meeting with an " independent apraizel" exper. , in person. However that's not always the best , it's just one more avenue for discovery. I I called Terry last year , was having major problems with my electrical invertors and charging system. . He confirmed what I should do , buy new , but once I started digging into the problem, it was just components , which as an owner I could buy the replacement invertors cheaper than he could or any other dealer, as that was the MFG. program to owners. I was lucky and found a super mechanic on these coaches, in northern Wisconsin., only 200 miles south of me , a great find. He has ( with help from CC persons ) replaced on the mother board, that , no one else in North America would touch. over 25 printed cur it boards
Can you tell me who you use for repairs in Wisconsin. We are looking for a good repair facility to use for our 2003 Allure First Ave.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:13 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVL View Post
Can you tell me who you use for repairs in Wisconsin. We are looking for a good repair facility to use for our 2003 Allure First Ave.
Sure , it's Quent's Service Center in Oshkosh. Google their website for directions and phone. Tell Quent The guy ( Dar ) with the CCConcept sent you. Great people, fair pricing...and they can do about anything except major engine work.
They are a sleeper, out front is a ordinary Shell Station , you would not know in the back is a huge RV shop...not sure they have much of a sign on the building. Just good ol country folks...my mechanic is John, their expert on electrical, electronics , etc, and he knows the people at Country Coach well.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #42

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Hi Smitty
Talked to Kevin Friday, we will connect when we are down there. The coach is at Premier. We want to take delivery on a Monday so we have the week available to keep going over the various systems with people who know what they are talking about until my feeble mind grasps what they are saying. My current sense is that Premier is doing a credible job on the comprehensive PDI, including repairing 5 foggy windows, which delayed us a week.

We currently have Good Sam on the roadside service, but would switch if it was warranted.

Will try Wholesale this week to see what is on offer.

Looks like we need a spare parts stock, and will get suggestions from both Premier and Kevin. Also need a tool list, hopefully not an entire Snap-On truck, just enough to cover the likely requirements. We built in an added 15% of purchase price to cover WA sales tax and registration, repair and upgrade at delivery, spares to keep on hand, and a dedicated tool kit sourced at Harbor Freight.

One extra I may include is a comprehensive inspection of all the electrical grounds. In reading the posts for the last year the electrical issues seem the most vexing, and are often related to grounding issues, and I do not want to crawl under an air suspension bus while on the road.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Looking forward to more responses.
I have read of numerous complaints about companies who provide RV Warranties, you might want to read some of the reviews concerning Wholesale Warranties, here is a link to some of their reviews. https://wholesale-warranties.pissedconsumer.com