Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-29-2016, 11:26 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 24,033
Bought my rig from Premier as well. Should have had Kevin go over it but I didn't. I later found two fogged windows, the interior gen start doesn't work (noted by tech at PDI but not fixed) and some problems with the SmartWheel wiper controls. The tech did come in on Sat on his own time to wire the towed charge line in so we could leave on Sunday.
But it is what it is. Now trying to order new tires, seems the 365/70's are in short supply right now.
We also took out the euro chair as it was uncomfortable for both of us. After that the DW claimed the new La Z Boy as hers. Now it's mine since she passed away.
My Silver leaf reports 7.6 mpg for 45,000 miles which is very close to what the '02 DSDP with 350 ISC got even after I added the Banks kit to it. Right now I'm running a little lower than that due to the engine rebuild. (NOT due to anything Premier did or didn't do BTW). Pre purchase oil test came back clean.
__________________

__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '14 CR-V
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2016, 11:57 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Gaithersburg, Md
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
......

My Silver leaf reports 7.6 mpg for 45,000 miles which is very close to what the '02 DSDP with 350 ISC got even after I added the Banks kit to it. Right now I'm running a little lower than that due to the engine rebuild. (NOT due to anything Premier did or didn't do BTW). Pre purchase oil test came back clean.
How many miles did you have on the engine when it was rebuilt? On my 2000 Intrigue with an ISC 350 engine, I have just gone over 100,000 miles and it seems to be running better now than at any time since I purchased it in January 2000. Just curious at what would cause an engine to fail that should go several hundred thousand miles.
__________________

__________________
Ray Herron
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:20 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Olympic & Kenai Peninsulas
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
I have read of numerous complaints about companies who provide RV Warranties, you might want to read some of the reviews concerning Wholesale Warranties, here is a link to some of their reviews. https://wholesale-warranties.pissedconsumer.com
Thanks for the link. Looks like we are going without any warranty at this time.
__________________
2006 Intrigue Ovation 42'
#11968
Terry Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:14 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Gaithersburg, Md
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Jay View Post
Thanks for the link. Looks like we are going without any warranty at this time.
That's what I have done for over 16 years, most of my issues were handled in the first year or so of ownership by Country Coach under the factory warranty. This year I had a hose rupture and that was the first expense other than preventive maintenance items that I have had in a few years. A couple of years ago I had to replace the muffler and the exhaust pipe. I have been lucky, I know!

Ray
__________________
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:52 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
darstar's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Marquette, Mi.on the shore of Superior
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Bought my rig from Premier as well. Should have had Kevin go over it but I didn't. I later found two fogged windows, the interior gen start doesn't work (noted by tech at PDI but not fixed) and some problems with the SmartWheel wiper controls. The tech did come in on Sat on his own time to wire the towed charge line in so we could leave on Sunday.
But it is what it is. Now trying to order new tires, seems the 365/70's are in short supply right now.
We also took out the euro chair as it was uncomfortable for both of us. After that the DW claimed the new La Z Boy as hers. Now it's mine since she passed away.
My Silver leaf reports 7.6 mpg for 45,000 miles which is very close to what the '02 DSDP with 350 ISC got even after I added the Banks kit to it. Right now I'm running a little lower than that due to the engine rebuild. (NOT due to anything Premier did or didn't do BTW). Pre purchase oil test came back clean.
That big Cummins getting 7.5 mpg is really good......you must feather your foot a bit on the road...... Is yours turned up to 650 hp ? And not 600 as Cummins recommended ? I know a guy who says his is turned up to 700 hp maybe more. Too bad you had to do a major, did they drop engine out or an In frame overhaul ? ....and I thought my 315s were pricy ! ( I need 4 right now )
__________________

__________________
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What did you HAVE to have in your RV and.... Jus Cruisin iRV2.com General Discussion 70 09-05-2011 10:51 PM
Do you have to have a toad? Stevepkam iRV2.com General Discussion 49 06-20-2011 03:58 PM
I Would Have Paid $500 More If Monaco Would Have..... Lukeaa Monaco Owner's Forum 15 02-11-2009 08:19 PM
Have to have Max put down Retired Enforcer RV'ing with Pets 7 07-24-2007 09:04 PM
Have to have Surgery... WaveMaker Southwest Region 4 04-15-2006 09:00 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.