Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Why do you think you need that if you've never driven a CC? I know ours doesn't need anything but we've got the 20,000# front axle with dual steering boxes and 365/70 tires. It handles very well except for the bridge end dips in CA. But I think that's more from having the tag axle. It helped to turn the Koni shocks up to max also.
I don't know why I asked. Pardon my stupidity. Honestly everything that everyone has told me to look for seems to have been handled by the PO. They obviously took great care of the coach. I'll know more on Monday when I actually can touch and smell it!

I will say to those that have suggested the older coaches. I am 6'6", and some of the older coaches do not have the headroom. I am going to look at this coach Monday, but my second choice is a 2005 Monaco Camelot. 81" of headroom there.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #16

I happen to have the brochure and specs for the 2005 Inspire:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2005_inspire330_brochure.pdf (861.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: pdf 2005_inspire330_specs.pdf (796.6 KB, 28 views)

Old 01-05-2016, 10:20 PM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhailey View Post
I don't know why I asked. Pardon my stupidity. Honestly everything that everyone has told me to look for seems to have been handled by the PO. They obviously took great care of the coach. I'll know more on Monday when I actually can touch and smell it!

I will say to those that have suggested the older coaches. I am 6'6", and some of the older coaches do not have the headroom. I am going to look at this coach Monday, but my second choice is a 2005 Monaco Camelot. 81" of headroom there.
Not stupid on your part!! Just wondered is all. The only CC I've ever driven is the one we have now! But just the one drive (about 5 miles) convinced me this one drove great and boy, did it have power and brakes!
I love it, the DW, not so much!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:22 PM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFitz View Post
Damon Rapozo has a some info on his web site: Model History | Damon Rapozo
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFitz View Post

Thank You... I have been looking all over for that brochure
Old 01-06-2016, 08:46 AM   #20

Stop by harbor freight and get a bore inspection camera as they are great for looking behind and inside things.

You can look behind fridge for burn marks or inside gaps of slides for water marks or other tiny places.

They are just handy to have.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #21

I have driven quite a few Country Coaches and I don't think they generally need steering stabilizers if the parts are in good condition. Of course if the alignment is way out it could lead to lane wander. I am thinking toe and camber being off.

I have put my slide outs in and out many many times with the coach not level. Basically in front of our house to load up and unload, and have no cracks in the slides. But that is something you should look in to. You want to make sure it is waterproof.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #22

Well I pulled the trigger on the 2005 Inspire. I drove about 50 miles, mostly on the Interstate, and then in a parking lot area. The seller let me poke around as much as I wanted then sent a tech to help me find any issues he could see. They put the rig up on the rack, and let me inspect the underside with my flashlight to my hearts content.

I have a couple of issues that will need to be resolved, but they will be on my dime. Wax valve, Samsung fridge, Dash cover reupholstered, roof resealed, and TV in bedroom replaced with a cabinet. Some more nit picky things like door adjustments, and latches.

All in all I am very happy, and look forward to our first trip.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #23

Congrats, and enjoy - the Inspires have a nice line to them...

Be safe,
Smitty
Old 01-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Well I pulled the trigger on the 2005 Inspire. I drove about 50 miles, mostly on the Interstate, and then in a parking lot area. The seller let me poke around as much as I wanted then sent a tech to help me find any issues he could see. They put the rig up on the rack, and let me inspect the underside with my flashlight to my hearts content.

I have a couple of issues that will need to be resolved, but they will be on my dime. Wax valve, Samsung fridge, Dash cover reupholstered, roof resealed, and TV in bedroom replaced with a cabinet. Some more nit picky things like door adjustments, and latches.

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have many years of many fun adventures ahead of you.

"Wax valve"... What is that? I have never heard that term used for anything on a RV.

Happy trails,

Rick Y
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have many years of many fun adventures ahead of you.

"Wax valve"... What is that? I have never heard that term used for anything on a RV.

Happy trails,

Rick Y
Rick
This may help on the (Wax Valve)
Source Engineering Inc | Custom RV Chassis | Eugene, OR
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:15 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Rick
This may help on the (Wax Valve)
Source Engineering Inc | Custom RV Chassis | Eugene, OR
2 stroker
This is good information. In all of my years with a DP I have never heard of this. By your handle, what part of power performance are you in?

Who installs wax valves?
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:47 AM   #27
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:

So I looked at the posts below which explain wax valve. The question is are you replacing a failed electronic module or one that still works as a preemptive measure?
Old 01-14-2016, 10:16 AM   #28

I had a Fan Control Module that had defaulted to high on me a few times. Each time, cleaning the harness plug got things working again. But, it was the OEM FCM, and I'd already decided that I was not going to put another stock FMC into the coach. (Reading on other CC boards, some owners were on their 3rd FMC.

Source Engineering's solution is KISS. And I also liked the variable application of fan speed, based upon temps, then the 3 stage (Low/Med/High) of the OEM FCM.

So I had Source Engineering isn't all their wax valve solution as preventative maintenance. I walked down the street to Cummins, and picked up a new thermostat to have installed as the old one is exposed during the wax valve install.

Only 1100 mile under our belt since this change, but so far so good. Too soon to see if I might pick up any MPG improvement, but I also like that the variable fan application, means it is only consuming the engine power need to run the fan at the specific speed. Vs say jumping into Med or High while hill climbing. So this means the engine has a tad bit more power directed to the wheels.

No inexpensive, but should be a 'one time repair'.

Best to all,
Smitty

Tags
purchase