Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2018, 03:31 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Forgive me for chiming in late on this very old thread, but may I suggest all who have not converted yet to newer lighting to consider contacting Daniel at Daniel Stearns lighting? He is a pro and will help you understand why most all of our older coaches have such dismal headlight illumination.

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

I’m in the infancy stages of a complete changeover....excited to know that I’ll be able to see at night. We had a huge scare late at night in Houston last December. Needed to get to our park to sleep and needless to say, it was terrifying to say the least!

John
2003 CC Allure 36’ First Ave. #30914
Gatesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2018, 09:52 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piros1 View Post
I have had several conversations with Greg, he is a sharp cookie when it comes to the Country Coach. Winnebago out of their infinite wisdom moved Greg to Winnebago customer service and put in a replacement that now has to be a relay man between Greg and the customer. I will send him an email to see what he has to say.
U can also look at the # on the lens or light housing as a last resort.
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddan View Post
How hard was the install? Would it be similar to my 03 Intrigue? Did you remove the plastic rock shield for access?
I took it to a large truck service center in Monroe LA. Curry's Truck and frame. They do collision repair on large vehicles including RVs. No big deal to them.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #32

I also have the bronco lights in my 89 CCC. I went to the local Napa store and found a great LED replacement light. It was so easy, just plug and play. The improvement was great and the price was right, about 75 $ I think. I still have the box if you would like the info
Bootjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:56 AM   #33
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootjack View Post
I also have the bronco lights in my 89 CCC. I went to the local Napa store and found a great LED replacement light. It was so easy, just plug and play. The improvement was great and the price was right, about 75 $ I think. I still have the box if you would like the info
thanks for the info. yes i am intersted in the led light. could you post the detals?
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
thanks for the info. yes i am intersted in the led light. could you post the detals?
Depends on your current bulb. I had 9007 halogens. Replaced with the Hikari 9007 LEDs. 6000k 9600 lumens. Led chips need to be in the 9 and 3 position with the metal scoops in the 6 o'clock position.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinityfan View Post
Depends on your current bulb. I had 9007 halogens. Replaced with the Hikari 9007 LEDs. 6000k 9600 lumens. Led chips need to be in the 9 and 3 position with the metal scoops in the 6 o'clock position.
I just replaced my corner lights with the small LEDs. Had the Amber halogens and could not see a thing when turning left or right.

Tags
light, upgrade