Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Heat in the cab not reliable

I am having some issues with the cockpit heating, there is definitely heat available but the vents seem to be hit and miss and today freezing except on screen demist, it seems like the distribution is getting screwed, where is the heat exchanger fans etc on an 08 Allure?

Michael Slater
08 Allure 470
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #2

Our rig is much older, but I found some of the flexible ducting behind the dash had disconnected so certain vents were not productive. Had to remove the dash access panels to fix.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #3

Check vacuum

The air handeler is controlled by vacuum.

Temperature may also be.

Does the air come out where it is required?

Is the temperature too cold?

The air flow is controlled by little doors, these doors are operated by vacuum motors that are controlled by the dash control which is partially an air valve to direct the vacuum to the specific motors to open the correct doors to get the resultant flow.

Depending on model, the temperature could either be cable driven ball valve in the hot water line or a vacuum motor operated ball valve.

Gas engines have manifold vacuum that works with a check valve and reserve tank.

Diesel rigs have an electric vacuum pump that is either constant running or operated via a pressure switch.

Not sure where yours is, but I suspect in the door under the driver there could be a pump under there.

You should be able to open a cover someplace to gain access to the AC air handeler, there should be vacuum hoses vonnected to motors, they look like a small roll, you can gently remove the hose from the motor and with the key turned on and moving the controls you should feel a vacuum.

The pump may be not working or a hose may have fallen off.

Troubleshoot the controls and repair problems. the vacuum motors usually last longer than the vehicle, usually a hose gets knocked off or pulls loose which results in the air going in the wrong place, in cars it is usually the defroster, who knows with the coach.

The temperature may be cool as the ball valve if vacuum operated may be in the cool position and without vacuum it will not open if vacuum controlled.

Good luck.

The temperature also may be effected by your coach heat if it is Aqua-Hot type.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #4

Thanks for the response, here are some answers to your questions.
Not sure where yours is, but I suspect in the door under the driver there could be a pump under there.
Mine is a Cummins Diesel
You should be able to open a cover someplace to gain access to the AC air handeler, there should be vacuum hoses vonnected to motors, they look like a small roll, you can gently remove the hose from the motor and with the key turned on and moving the controls you should feel a vacuum.
I will look today

Troubleshoot the controls and repair problems. the vacuum motors usually last longer than the vehicle, usually a hose gets knocked off or pulls loose which results in the air going in the wrong place, in cars it is usually the defroster, who knows with the coach.
Interesting comment, the defroster is working
The temperature may be cool as the ball valve if vacuum operated may be in the cool position and without vacuum it will not open if vacuum controlled.
Again will check today

The temperature also may be effected by your coach heat if it is Aqua-Hot type.
I do have Aqua Hot but of course do not run this when in motion, or should I?
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote