Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:07 AM   #1

Heated Bays

We just traded for a 45 foot all electric 2010 Country Coach Magna. This was probably near the end of the CC production. The Owner's Guide does not match much of the installed equipment, so it's hard to figure out a lot of the operation. It is stored in a metal building with sprayed foam insulation. With cold weather on the way to north Texas, I would like to know how to heat the bays in case it gets colder than predicted. Any help would be appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #2

If you have it plugged in I would think you could heat with the aquahot.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #3

Congrats on the new wheels!!!

I'd suspect you'd be fine, but being a San Diego non cold expert - hope others will pitch in who have more experience...

You could call CC in Oregon with your coach number, and ask them for input on the bays. If you plug in the coach with at least a 30A supply, the coach should be fine. Not sure if 20A will take care of it or not.

Again welcome, and bet otehrs will share their knowledge with you soon... Enjoy the ride!
Smitty
Old 11-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrus View Post
We just traded for a 45 foot all electric 2010 Country Coach Magna. This was probably near the end of the CC production. The Owner's Guide does not match much of the installed equipment, so it's hard to figure out a lot of the operation. It is stored in a metal building with sprayed foam insulation. With cold weather on the way to north Texas, I would like to know how to heat the bays in case it gets colder than predicted. Any help would be appreciated.
Congratulations on the new coach!
Your coach has the AquaHot system, which heats the bays as well as the coach. If you have 50-amp service available, you can run the AquaHot on high--with 30-Amp service you would have to run it on low. The controls are in the bedroom. The AquaHot will run on diesel as well, but the storage area would need to be ventilated. Once you turn heat on in the coach, the bays will receive heat.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations on the 2010 Magna. Our rule is it isn't true until you post a pic so we can drool over it.

I am no expert on the Magna's but my Allure with Aqua Hot has a heat exchanger in the wet bay that provides some heat to the holding tanks, the water pump and the water connections/filter. Perhaps the Magna has additional exchangers in other basement areas but not sure that is an issue unless you plan to store items in those areas that would be damaged by cold.

The Aqua Hot has both electric and diesel burner capabilities. Your Magna probably has the larger AH unit with two electric elements so you can leave one or both of those on, set your T-stats to a low temp, and that should take care of it. There should be an adjustable T-stat in the wet bay. I suspect you would need at least a 30 amp service to run both of the elements.

I have the small Aqua Hot with only one electric element. My coach is outside and connected to a 50 amp service. I left both my electric element and the diesel burner on and set my T-stats to 48 F last winter and all was well. I did put a 100 watt trouble light in the wet bay near the water pump and used one of those T-stat controlled outlets to turn that on when it got really cold. We had some single digit nights and everything was fine.

Parked inside and if you can use both of your electric elements, you should be fine. Or, you could do a full winterization and not worry. However, make sure you follow the instructions to pump RV antifreeze through the Aqua Hot unit to protect it.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:25 PM   #6

Thanks for all the info. It is plugged into 50A service. I will crank up the Aqua Hot and leave the T-stat set low. Will post picture next time I take it out of the storage building.