Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
TTD

Help Identify these connections please

I have a Cummins ISM500 motor, and when I open the access panel, these two connections are attached to the frame rails.

They appear to me to be air lines, and my first guess is it's a way to drain water from them... but I really don't have any basis for that guess.

If it is something to drain water... what is the procedure? Are there more of these somewhere else on the coach I should be doing something with?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AirConnection.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	201025  
TTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2018, 08:38 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club

They are air lines. But not low point drains from the air tanks. If I remember correctly one is off the top of the rear air tanks used for air bag and one is off the top of the primary air tank for rear brakes.

My air tank drains (off bottom) are located in the middle drivers bay where my wet and secondary tank are located. I also have a tank drain under my entry step for that tank. I have 5 tanks hidden in my 37’ Allure.

They are shown on the pneumatic schematic in my drawing file.

Hope this helps.
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #3
TTD

OK... I will try to locate the pneumatic drawing for the drains.

So if not drains... the ones in the photo are for what? To actually put air IN for some reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
They are air lines. But not low point drains from the air tanks. If I remember correctly one is off the top of the rear air tanks used for air bag and one is off the top of the primary air tank for rear brakes.

My air tank drains (off bottom) are located in the middle drivers bay where my wet and secondary tank are located. I also have a tank drain under my entry step for that tank. I have 5 tanks hidden in my 37’ Allure.

They are shown on the pneumatic schematic in my drawing file.

Hope this helps.
Brian
Old 04-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #4
TTD

hmmm... someone else said they are emergency dump valves... I assume for when the HWH system won't release the air?
Old 04-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #5

They are not emergency dump valves
Old 05-01-2018, 12:27 AM   #6
TTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
They are not emergency dump valves
Any ideas what they are? They seem readily accessible.. Like I should be doing something with them regularly?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:21 AM   #7

I have never had any reason to use mine regularly nor have I completely determined their function. It’s one of those that makes you go “hmmmm”.

I too have surmised that they are to add air for some reason - possibly to add air when needed to tow/move when the engine compressor is inoperable. There was a CC in Tunnel Mountain in Banff last year that needed air added as when they came off the road they lost air while idling waiting to check in for campground. Compressor was pooched and needed air to release service brakes, instead of caging the brakes.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
Old 05-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #8
TTD

Yeah... guess this is like the unmarked toggle switch next to my Gen Start button. It appears to be an aftermarket addon, but I cannot figure out what it does (it definitely is powered as it lights up when I toggle it on)

Downside to buying from a dealership instead of an owner.... can't ask questions about mods. :(
Old 05-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD View Post
Yeah... guess this is like the unmarked toggle switch next to my Gen Start button. It appears to be an aftermarket addon, but I cannot figure out what it does (it definitely is powered as it lights up when I toggle it on)

Downside to buying from a dealership instead of an owner.... can't ask questions about mods. :(

I have a boost button next to my gen start in the overhead compartment above the entry door. There were design issues with the size of the gen start battery wire and I regularly have to gang together the chassis batteries to the coach batteries to get start current upped to start generator. The wires were undersized.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #10
TTD

yeah... this is in addition to the boost button, if I recall.

Guess I'm lucky as my gen fires right up.

As for the hose connections - the CC yahoo group says they are to release air (and water vapor). They don't need to be at the bottom as it's not actual water drops coming out... just moist air.

I opened them each for a second or two, and only felt warm, dry air coming out - so closed them back up.

Guess I'll have to search for the other drains... hoping if I open my generator slide, they'll be in there?