Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2015, 05:12 PM   #1

Hey everyone! I'll be needing help here really soon, I'm sure!

I'm a first time RVer and I just bought a 2005 Country Coach Inspire 330 36'er!

Yeah, I know it's the entry level beginner's model for the brand, and I know it's a lived in beater with a bit of used wear and tear, but after serious considerations from looking at specific Winne and Fleetwood models, it seemed like there were a number of bonuses moving up the Country Coach line.

I really liked the 400hp and relatively low miles (26k) of the unit.. my primary mission after a floorplan I liked was future resale potential. The Inspire offered me a pre-2007 emission C9, something shorter than 40', and opposing living room slides with the refrigerator off the slide.

I've noticed DPs with opposing slides hold their value really freaking well compared to single side slideouts. So just on it's merits, I think it should hold it's value past the 15 year mark relatively well compared to other coaches in it's model year.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have thousands of questions... this is the lull before the storm!

Oh, one question I could not find out was what the UVW is. I know it's a heavy coach, but I can't find dry weight. So that's my first. More to follow!
Mike Bartelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2015, 05:26 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Lots of knowledge here, I've been using it! Check out Damon Rapozo's web site, he has a lot, if not all, the brochures. There is also another non Country Coach site that has some of the info too but I'm on the computer at work and don't have the link right now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:29 PM   #3

So.... how good is their non-warranty support?
Mike Bartelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bartelt View Post
I'm a first time RVer and I just bought a 2005 Country Coach Inspire 330 36'er!

Yeah, I know it's the entry level beginner's model for the brand, and I know it's a lived in beater with a bit of used wear and tear, but after serious considerations from looking at specific Winne and Fleetwood models, it seemed like there were a number of bonuses moving up the Country Coach line.

I really liked the 400hp and relatively low miles (26k) of the unit.. my primary mission after a floorplan I liked was future resale potential. The Inspire offered me a pre-2007 emission C9, something shorter than 40', and opposing living room slides with the refrigerator off the slide.

I've noticed DPs with opposing slides hold their value really freaking well compared to single side slideouts. So just on it's merits, I think it should hold it's value past the 15 year mark relatively well compared to other coaches in it's model year.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have thousands of questions... this is the lull before the storm!

Oh, one question I could not find out was what the UVW is. I know it's a heavy coach, but I can't find dry weight. So that's my first. More to follow!

Hi Mike,

Congratulations on the new-to-you coach. The info you are looking for is in two locations. One on the wall to your left when you are sitting in the drivers seat. Look very low on the wall. The other should be in the bathroom cabinet on the back side of one of the the doors. There should be other info there also.

Good luck, lots of help on this site.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bartelt View Post
So.... how good is their non-warranty support?
Actually it's pretty good as a lot of the workers stayed around Eugene/Coburg/Junction City area and opened their own service businesses. Plus Country Coach has gotten back into business and even built a new rig that they hope to produce.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #6

Mike
Here is a good hour to learn a little before you get it

2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Word to the wise, get your PTO for the hydraulic fan and power steering serviced. It has what they call a dry sump and the splines will fail if not disassembled and lubricated. You also have the option of installing a wet sump kit which basically lubricates it all the time so you don't have to worry about it again. They say the splines should be lubricated yearly when in the dry sump configuration (stock). There are threads on here with info and pictures of the failed components and kit numbers.
Congrats on the purchase and good luck!
FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
http://www.jdrv1.com/sitebuildercont...s/pto-101a.pdf

PTO power steering and fan link.
FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:08 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I checked into the PTO problem before we bought ours and found that ours had the wet PTO as standard.
Unfortunately I didn't check into the ISX 600 and 650 valve dropping problem well enough!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #10

Do not rely on re-greasing the dry PTO! A friend of ours had that done. and 4 months later, the splines were severely worn, and he had to get a new pump.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #11

36 ft with 400 hp...

Learn to watch that spedo because the great ride of a CC combined with that much power and you will be cruising past 70 feeling like 40.

We have 300 hp in 38 ft and slow to get there but it wants to cruise fast so cruise control helps a bunch.

Photos...