Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2015, 09:15 PM   #1

Holland Motor Homes San Marcos CA

Has anyone had any experience with Holland MH in North San Diego County? I have never used them for service before and called about a week ago to schedule a few minor repairs and the regular service on the CAT main motor. The person who helps you when I called in told me, "we are at full capacity and booked out passed six weeks". I then said, so what you are telling me is you cannot schedule an appointment to work on my Country Coach. She said yes.

Just looking to hear if anyone else has had work done there. Holland was the Country Coach dealer in San Diego country until the factory closed. I figured they would be a good place to take our rig.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Busy time for many RV shops in SoCal. Folks getting ready for the desert season.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
Community Moderator

i have never used holland motorhomes though i know they are right next to cw in san marcos blvd. from my reading messages here over the years, i remember one cc owner has been using them extensively - from his 2004 Allue purchase (assignment sale), struck a deal to replace the aqua hot and generator fuel lines before delivery, to later repetitively visited them for services such as dropping the generator in half an hour ... i assume they must have been doing a good job otherwise he wouldn't have been going there... go for it. good luck!
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OP are you asking if they're "discriminating" against you or what?

Do you expect them to run you in before other paying customers just because you have a CC and they were a former dealer?

Just not understanding what you question is.

As was said, every dealer is running at capacity right now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
"Regular" service on the motor can be done at Colton Truck :: COLTON TRUCK TERMINAL GARAGE ::. This is where I got service when I lived in CA. They do not work on house stuff, just chassis stuff.

What other services do you need done?
Old 10-06-2015, 08:54 AM   #6

Temecula Valley RV 951-894-2347, I have been very satisfied with their service.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:27 AM   #7

Mr D - I am not sure what I was asking. I was just so surprised by what was said to me on the phone that I was looking for other's experience. I called to make a future appt. I expected that they would tell me when I could come in and I would put it on my calendar. Instead what I was told was that they were full and could not help me. It was a less than one minute call. I have had service done by a number of other providers and never basically told that they cannot help me. I was not in a hurry.

I did call them specifically because they used to be the local Country Coach dealer. I have a hard to diagnose noise in my dash from the air conditioner and was hoping their working with other Country Coaches would help them figure out what caused the noise. Plus some other minor things, regular diesel service. But we never got past hello basically.

Wally, I have had work done at Temecula Valley a number of times. They were always very helpful and I had good results. I thought Holland because of their CC experience might figure out of noise issue better.

So, no, I was not looking for any special favors. Just kinda surprised after going there a number of times to look at motorhomes when we were looking to buy. They seemed like a very high quality outfit. I even remember the name of the salesman who helped us six years ago, Steve Wilson. So I expected the same kind of professional help when I called to make an appt for service. I am just going to wait till next spring when I get up to Junction City.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #8

Hi Bob,

You may recall I bought our Allure from Holland, when they were down off of Convoy area of Kearny Mesa. I had gone in a few months earlier, and had a sit down with Steve Wilson (Sorry we lost him, as IMO he was one of the top true professional salesman of RV's in the nation.) after asking for input on many boards. I gave him my short list on coaches and models we were interested in, and asked him to help me as a 'buying agent/salesman'. Just so happens our current coach was coming in on consignment about 6-7 weeks after I met with Steve.

OK, on the shop side of Holland. I negotiated a discounted shop rate for things I knew we wanted to have accomplished, right after purchase of the coach. The tech's I worked with, specially Billy, were all very good. The Service Manager was also straight forward and good at communication.

Again, this was while at Kearny Mesa location. I know that he Service Manager elected not to move with them to San Marcos (too far of a drive for him from Bonita), and I was told about 20-25% of the staff did not move with them too. (That was second hand info, so not sure how accurate it is.) And that was now greater then 5 years ago, so who knows what kind to techs they have now - I do not.

Holland, both West and East, have had along term good reputation, so hopefully that mean they have maintained a level of good service. And being booked out 6 weeks, is probably an indication that they've maintained the same quality.

Best of luck to you. And if you do use them, please let us know what you think!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #9

Hi Bob,
I understand your frustration as it seems everyone up and down the coast is busy. I am currently three plus weeks into a four week wait for the local factory authorized Onan guru to get to my coach. When you want it fixed asap, it's frustrating to be put on a long list but as others have suggested, perhaps you really don't want the shop with lots of openings working on your coach. A six week back log means folks are waiting to get in there for a reason. Good Luck!
Old 10-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #10

If memory serves me correctly, about 2 years ago I tried to make a appointment with Holland in San Marcos and it was a six week wait. All I wanted was someone to explain the SilverLeaf to me, since they are a Tier 1 SilverLeaf dealer. This is what happens to you when the Company that sells you things is too busy to answer your e-mail and you don't spend the money to have a independent evaluation, BUYER BEWARE!
Old 10-11-2015, 06:09 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
BIG FIRE @ Holland at this moment.

Appears the service stalls building AND the rear of the sales building are both involved...and the fire is not yet under control.

Hope no one here has their RV there for service.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
BIG FIRE @ Holland at this moment.

Appears the service stalls building AND the rear of the sales building are both involved...and the fire is not yet under control.

Hope no one here has their RV there for service.

Safe travels
Thanks for sharing this, as we're in Oregon and would not have known. Sorry to hear this happen, not just for owners that had their vehicles destroyed or damaged, but for the business and the employees themselves. Sending good thoughts to all involved!

Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:49 AM   #13

I googled the fire and looks like a really big one. Might have been a propane tank going off. Happen here in Mesa, AZ a short time ago at La Mesa RV. Also happened in Las Vegas. One can only hope that no one was injured.