Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Hoses, air bags

I have a 2002 Intrigue and was wondering if anyone with a similar age coach has had to replaced heater/radiator hoses or air bags? I've replaced a number of leaking hydralic hoses. Is it time to bite the bullet and just have all hoses replaced?
Thanks
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #2

I haven't replaced any heater/radiator hoses or air bags on my '02 Intrigue.Why would you think you would need to replace air bags?

The only hydraulic hoses replaced are those that work the slides. I went to the HWH factory and they replaced them for free. There were a couple of years HWH farmed out thier hose manufacturing and they wound up with some sub par stuff, the hoses would weep leaving fluid on the hoses. They could handle the pressure but would weep. Since then, HWH makes their houses in house.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #3

Hi Dons2346,
Thanks for the reply. I haven't had a problem with the slide hoses it was a couple of other ones that went to the cooler and out of the pump. As far as the air bags go I was under the bus fixing (quick fix) a leaking heater hose, that was "fixed" by one of the forums sponsers in mid Fl., when I noticed that the air bags had some checking on the surface. I know it's an issue with tires I just don't know about airbags. We planning on taking off for Alaska in May and i don't want to be miles from anywhere and have one go out.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #4

There is an outer layer on the bag. That is what you see cracking, not the actual bag itself. No worry, you will wear out the coach before you need to replace an air bag. Unless one gets damaged of course.

Piece of advise about Alaska. To save damage on the coach, there is no reason to drive over 50MPH. To protect the toad, the best thing is a underskirt. Several manufacturers, just Google RV underskirt.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
I have a 2002 Intrigue and was wondering if anyone with a similar age coach has had to replaced heater/radiator hoses or air bags? I've replaced a number of leaking hydralic hoses. Is it time to bite the bullet and just have all hoses replaced?
Thanks
Just in the process of changing out my Genset water hoses.

After 18 years it seemed to be a good idea.

Have yet to update the engine hoses or airbags.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote