Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #1

Houston area CC peeps

Any Houston area CC folks out there who think heading over to PPL Houston to do a cursory visit on a 2000 Intrigue 32 that they just listed sounds like fun? We have been searching for an 00-03 32' Intrigue and they are very hard to come by these days, and PPL Houston just listed one recently.

The salespeople do not answer the phone nor respond to emails, nor have they posted any photos of the rig. We've lost out on a couple of fine CC's by being too late so we're trying to get on top of new listings quickly! I know an actual visit can/would answer a lot of questions. We are in CA or we would surely already have gone!

What we really want to know is if it's even worth our time to pursue, in terms of hiring an independent inspector and/or putting a deposit down to hold it. It's priced pretty low, in my experienced CC shopping opinion, which could be because it has issues or because they don't know what they have (or both). We're tolerant of some issues if the price is right, depending on said issues.

If a CC enthusiast local to the PPL Houston lot would be willing to just give it a walkaround & let me know your general opinion of the rig, that would be immensely helpful. Let me know your level of interest & abilities, and I'd be happy to work with you to compensate you for your time (understanding, of course, that you are a layperson, not a pro, & your opinion is simply just your opinion). The CCI serial number would go a long way in my being able to discern a lot so would love to get that, too.

I realize this is a long shot, but hey, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Let me know if this field trip sounds interesting to you and thanks in advance for considering assisting a fellow RV freak trying to join the CC club (we love our Safari Trek but it's a gasser & too small for our next phase of RVing).

-Shannon
2000 Country Coach Magna 36' #5752
past: '98 Safari Trek 2480, '91 Fleetwood Flair 22
srogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Have you tried Kenai Coach? https://www.kenaicoach.com//DealerFiles/ they have a 2003 intrigue 32' listed. I know that they have Oregon Motor Coach go through all their coaches before they sell them and that they go out the door in top shape. Their price may seem high but they fix everything so you pretty much ready to go out the door.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
Have you tried Kenai Coach? https://www.kenaicoach.com//DealerFiles/ they have a 2003 intrigue 32' listed. I know that they have Oregon Motor Coach go through all their coaches before they sell them and that they go out the door in top shape. Their price may seem high but they fix everything so you pretty much ready to go out the door.
Oh, yes, always cruising Kenai. Some of their prices (like the price on that 03 32' you mention) are insultingly high, while others are just somewhat out of line (like the $49k 2000 32' Allure that has water damage visible by the shower & wall-to-wall green carpet, lol). I like a lot of things about that 03 32 but the.price.is.staggering.

I know the right rig is out there, we just need to keep our eyes open! Hence my original post.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #4

Ok, the listing has photos up and, well...the rig looks a little rough. We're not afraid of rough (we've rehabbed 2 older class A's), but this one may be past our threshold.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:49 PM   #5

It appears to me Kenai Coach is able to get more $$ for older CCs than is possible in other parts of the country. They seem to sell for a premium on the west coast. Ditto with Alpines. No idea why. As for the CCs in general the single sliders seem to be going pretty cheap these days. To the OP there is a very nice 36 footer in Albuquerque you may want to check out and make an offer on. This is the one being sold by the private seller, not the dealer.

https://www.rvt.com/Country-Coach-In...45981-UX297481

We're going to be there in about a month and could look at it for you if still available.
2002 Country Coach Allure 36 #30752, Double Slide
Mainecoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainecoons View Post
It appears to me Kenai Coach is able to get more $$ for older CCs than is possible in other parts of the country. They seem to sell for a premium on the west coast. Ditto with Alpines. No idea why. As for the CCs in general the single sliders seem to be going pretty cheap these days. To the OP there is a very nice 36 footer in Albuquerque you may want to check out and make an offer on. This is the one being sold by the private seller, not the dealer.

https://www.rvt.com/Country-Coach-In...45981-UX297481

We're going to be there in about a month and could look at it for you if still available.
I also think Kenai's asking $ is not necessarily what they're getting. Especially on their non-consignment coaches, I think they have quite a bit of wiggle room, which makes sense. I think Kenai is a first rate operation, for sure, and they have some exaggerated pricing on some of their rigs.

Yes, I do like that 36 in Albuquerque, contacted the owner about a month ago. Would have gone to see already it if it were closer. I can handle the immediate interior reno's I'd need to do (that couch! those valances!) and the rig looks like it's in nice condition. It's a definite contender on my list...just can't get there for about a month, ourselves. You're so kind to offer to check it out. I'll keep that in mind

A 32' Intrigue just posted on Cl near us...have emailed the poster to see if we can check it out this week. He said it has a new "8.3 Cummins ISL 350 horse" motor, which is curious for 2 reasons: 1) needing a new Cummins at 57k miles is extremely rare and 2) the ISL is 8.9l so it's probably a 350hp ISC. Hopefully they'll reply back and we'll take a look at it!

Thank you, again.