Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #1

How do you replace this bulb?

I have a Liteco map light and the bulb is burnt out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzydj1xtlu..._3986.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hazrpsoth8..._3987.JPG?dl=0

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the lens to get to the bulb. Does anyone know how to do this?
macraekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #2

Evergreen Owners Club
Just a suggestion as I really don't know but have you tried to unscrew the dimpled dome top? It looks to me like it should be the part to remove.
schrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Either the dome or the ring (Bottom third photo)

Good luck and when you find it.. Please post another drop.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:09 PM   #4

Keith,

If you look carefully at the on/off switch you'll notice a white line that points to the on/off markings on the body of the light. If the light is off turn the on/off switch one more position counterclockwise so the white line lines up with what looks like two arrows pointing in opposite directions (shown in one of your pictures). If you've done that you know the light will now come apart. You might want to consider replacing the bulb with an LED to reduce heat.

I don't know if there are any loose parts inside so be careful nothing falls out and gets lost.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:17 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Thanks Barney I have been looking at this for 2 years!!!
sallylillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #6

Hi Michael,

My pleasure.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyM View Post
Keith,

If you look carefully at the on/off switch you'll notice a white line that points to the on/off markings on the body of the light. If the light is off turn the on/off switch one more position counterclockwise so the white line lines up with what looks like two arrows pointing in opposite directions (shown in one of your pictures). If you've done that you know the light will now come apart. You might want to consider replacing the bulb with an LED to reduce heat.

I don't know if there are any loose parts inside so be careful nothing falls out and gets lost.
Barney, you hit it right on the head! The rheostat switch is also the cover to the light so you simply twist the knob counterclockwise past the off position and voila! there's the bulb! I puzzled for a bit about how to get the bulb out but it simply drops out when you invert the light fixture. I considered LEDs but the brighter ones are oversized and I am not confident that these oversized bulbs will drop back through the bulb opening. Thanks again Barney!
macraekw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Man! I had one of those in my police car, about 1988. Good light actually.
Stratman50th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace