Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Country Coach Owners Club
How is that connection so dang smart?

In my prev coach (Monaco Dynasty), after you connect to city water you'd throw a switch in the plumbing bay so the coach knew "dont fill the tanks" rather "go ahead and use this city water connection"

No such switch in the Plumbing Bay on an 07 Magna. How does the system know when you connect to city water, to go ahead and send to the interior faucets rather than trying to full the tanks.

Just find that fascinating. Then again I am still considering myself a rookie for the next couple years. Not Full Timers yet and only use this beauty a handful of weekends during the entire year.
Snocat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2017, 07:00 PM   #2

Well, it's a Country Coach
About as good as it gets.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Well, it's a Country Coach
About as good as it gets.
2 stroker
Good one, I like that....

When you connect to the city water that line goes directly into the main water system, bypasses the pump and won't fill the tanks unless you turn the tank fill valve 90 degrees. at least on my coach that's how it works.

My pump is off when I'm hooked up and I just use city pressure and all is usually well.

You will be finding all sorts of cool things with that coach. The Magna is one of my favorites...Enjoy....
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #4

I believe you should have an auto fill. When hooked to city water you turn the pump off then push and hold the auto fill button on the intelletek panel.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #5

Mine is a lot older but works with a switch.

mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:44 PM   #6

The solenoid valve that is opened to allow water to pass to the Fresh Water tank is a Normally Closed valve.

On our rig the switch that Mike posted opens that valve. When the tank gets full, the valve closes and shore water service is resumed.

Beware. I have had to repair the PCB for the auto water fill about 4 years ago and am now trying to source a diaphram replacement kit for the Goyen Solenoid valve. The tank is filling without being told to fill.

There are four identical valves on my rig. One for Fresh Water Fill and three for Fresh Water Drain.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:10 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IASM View Post
I believe you should have an auto fill. When hooked to city water you turn the pump off then push and hold the auto fill button on the intelletek panel.
Yep, same on my '09
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:11 AM   #8

Looks like Country Coach used a variety of configurations to handle the fresh water supply.

On ours there is one shut-off valve at the hose connection. There is no manual selection valve. Connect the hose, open the valve and you're in business. If the tank needs water, momentarily push the "Fresh Water Fill" button on the monitor panel and water will be routed from the hose connection into the tank. It will shut off when the tank is full. If you want to stop filling before the tank is full, just hit the "Fresh Water Fill" button again and it will stop. When the tank fill operation is in progress the level indicators are on so you know roughly how full the tank is.

This all presupposes that the pump is off. If the pump is on then water is taken from the tank to supply the coach's plumbing.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Beware. I have had to repair the PCB for the auto water fill about 4 years ago and am now trying to source a diaphram replacement kit for the Goyen Solenoid valve. The tank is filling without being told to fill.

There are four identical valves on my rig. One for Fresh Water Fill and three for Fresh Water Drain.

I had to replace a couple of these valves on my coach. There are at least five of these valves on my coach that I know of. The valves are expensive and I had to special order my first one. After that I located and installed a PerfecTech valve (1/2" inch 2 Position Brass DC 12V Water Gas Fuel Air Valve Electric Solenoid Valve Normally Closed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ALIL1B2..._mrpwzb47E24P3) which can be purchased on Amazon for about $30. Great find and no issues with the valve after almost two years of use. Cheap enough that I keep one as a spare.

Russ
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
I had to replace a couple of these valves on my coach. There are at least five of these valves on my coach that I know of. The valves are expensive and I had to special order my first one. After that I located and installed a PerfecTech valve (1/2" inch 2 Position Brass DC 12V Water Gas Fuel Air Valve Electric Solenoid Valve Normally Closed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ALIL1B2..._mrpwzb47E24P3) which can be purchased on Amazon for about $30. Great find and no issues with the valve after almost two years of use. Cheap enough that I keep one as a spare.

Russ
Wonderful information!

Best I can find is $113 Ansco valve. Premier in Oregon wanted $170 for the diaphragm and $200 for the Goyen Valve.

I will give these a shot. I can replace one 4x for the alternative cost.

Thank you for providing your successful experience.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote