Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #113

Hi, do you still have your cc? We have a 2000 cc affinity and r having problems with our large slide dragging on the floor when it comes in and out. Is there an adjustment and if so, where? Thanks
sheilazaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2016, 06:31 PM   #114

Monaco Owners Club
89 Country Coach SE Air Bags

Hi guys,
a mate and I imported into Australia a couple of Motorhomes, mine being an 88 Monaco Crown Royale and his being a 1989 Country Coach SE (36FT) with 3208 Cat and Allison MT643 on a Gillig Chassis.

We're looking for rear replacement Air Bags for his CC as the existing ones look a bit perished and cracked. We're taking both Motorhomes to Central and Northern Australia in June on a 3 Month trip and are trying to cover all bases before we leave. There are no services in the Outback.

Anyway, does anyone know the Firestone Part Numbers for specifically the Rear Air Bags on his Gillig Chassis?

Appreciate your help.
Regards
Rod
Rod33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #115

Gillig should be of some help but price and availability could be issue.

Seem to remember someone about a year ago doing same.

Search gillig air bag on this forum and see what you can find.

Gillig may still have the factory chassis manual that would have all of the chassis parts in it that may be used to cross reference to current.

The chassis may be a MHA if I recall, have your Vin and send them an email via gillig.com
Old 02-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #116

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Gillig should be of some help but price and availability could be issue.

Seem to remember someone about a year ago doing same.

Search gillig air bag on this forum and see what you can find.

Gillig may still have the factory chassis manual that would have all of the chassis parts in it that may be used to cross reference to current.

The chassis may be a MHA if I recall, have your Vin and send them an email via gillig.com
Thanks Tony...
Old 02-11-2016, 05:00 AM   #117

Call or email with the last six numbers of your vin.

Bo Vongamath
Technical Service Advisor
Gillig
25800 Clawiter Road
Hayward, CA 94545
Phone: 510-264-5077
Fax: 510-785-1348
BV@gilling.com
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:32 AM   #118

Time differences being what they are...send an email or stay up late.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:01 PM   #119

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Mike and Tony,
he emailed Gillig with the VIN and they did provide a Gillig Part number, well two actually. I think one was the original and one the current part number.

They were 82-19869-000 & 53-15085-028.

When doing the old Google search, there was a reference to another forum where some bloke was looking for the same Air Bags. It seems the Gillig Part Numbers don't cross reference with their Firestone manufacturer.
https://www.busconversions.com/bbs/i...?topic=27461.0

There was a link to US Coach Repairs Tripod
who apparently did have the same unit but the posts are back in May 2014. I emailed them yesterday but no response as yet.

Gillig did quote my mate $194.68 each but with our lowsy current exchange rate and shipping, they'll be pretty expensive when landed in AUS.

We do have Firestone Air Bag dealers here so ideally we'd like to see if they can be sourced locally.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:32 AM   #120

Replacement airbags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod33 View Post
Thanks Mike and Tony,
he emailed Gillig with the VIN and they did provide a Gillig Part number, well two actually. I think one was the original and one the current part number.

They were 82-19869-000 & 53-15085-028.

When doing the old Google search, there was a reference to another forum where some bloke was looking for the same Air Bags. It seems the Gillig Part Numbers don't cross reference with their Firestone manufacturer.
https://www.busconversions.com/bbs/i...?topic=27461.0

There was a link to US Coach Repairs Tripod
who apparently did have the same unit but the posts are back in May 2014. I emailed them yesterday but no response as yet.

Gillig did quote my mate $194.68 each but with our lowsy current exchange rate and shipping, they'll be pretty expensive when landed in AUS.

We do have Firestone Air Bag dealers here so ideally we'd like to see if they can be sourced locally.
Rod,

I fear that you might have the same problem that I have experienced here in the UK with a CC - when I wanted to take spares with us around Europe / N. Africa

I got the air ride bag numbers from the CC factory - fortunately the CC part number comprised the Firestone part number

(From this I was able to determine / obtain the dimensions of the bags from the internet)

There the problems started - Firestone UK couldn't help, they referred me to Firestone Europe over in Holland

In short they couldn't help either - the imperial measurement bags are not fabricated in Europe (being that most of Europe is metric) - there is apparently no identical measurement bag / mounting plates manufactured in Europe

I wanted to take just the 'rubber' bag to save space but apparently the bags / parts are only available with the end / mounting plates

Yes they could import for me - but cheaper and quicker to do it myself from an outlet in the US

I ended up importing one of each bag to take on our travels - one of our bags was made to order (quoted at least an 8 week lead)

Upon our return to the UK I am going to take the bags to a factor / parts shop to try and physically match the bag / end plate size or as near as damn it - it will be cheaper for me to buy metric bags and imperial to metric air pipe adaptors than import the bags each time !!

Don't be overly disheartened if you have to import one set of bags, you are not alone - the added cost is just part of the joy of owning an RV outside of the states

The guys in the states are so lucky with parts "off the shelf" / delivery in a few days

Ian S
Exeter UK
2005 Allure 430 #31321
IanSmith-UK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:29 AM   #121

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Ian,
we're obviously not alone down here with regards to parts availability.
To be honest, purchasing from the US is pretty good, service and time wise. All Sellers I've used before have been fantastic. The problem for us at the moment is the exchange rate has steadily gone from bad to worse.

We actually removed one of his rear air bags today in an effort to try and get more numbers from it and also do some measurements on the top and bottom plates.

There certainly wasn't any numbers which matched the Bus Air Bag guide I downloaded from the Firestone website. Also, the distance between one top stud and the other top stud/air line didn't match any Firestone Bag measurements in the guide.

My mate will take the Bag to the local Firestone Dealer and if they can't do anything, he'll have to buy the Bags from Gillig.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #122

Rod,
?? You may be able to separate bag from mounting plates - in which case you will only require an identical dimensioned 'rubber bag' and re-use the mounting plates each time

(That is how we replace bags on commercial vehicles in the northern hemisphere - and is what I am hopeful of doing with my bags in due course)

Feel for you on the exchange rate - the £/$ has fallen recently making my upgrade of my cameras more costly

Good luck

Ian S.
Exeter UK
2005 Allure 430 # 31321
IanSmith-UK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:25 PM   #123

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Ian,
you can seperate the bottom plate but the Bag seems to be moulded to the Top plate.

The bellows seem to be used on a number of other models, being 1T15S-6.

Looks like we've found the Firestone Number being W01-358-9599 so the search begins.

There are a few sellers in the US who have them but need to see if they ship to Australia and if so, how much.

The local Firestone dealer seems to think the Bags are obsolete but is going to do some investigating.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatebus80 View Post
Hi - I am a new member of this forum and we have been searching for this information for a 1992 Concept on a Gillig chassis. I expect it will be valuable for many reasons but our current need is to troubleshoot our cruise control which is not working. Our tech said he needs the original schematics. Please let me know if you can help.
I am fortunate enough to have all original documents for 1993 magna. I am pretty sure we share the same cruise control. The information in the manual is pretty good to help diagnose problems. I will copy the pages and post them for you tomorrow.
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans, #5016
127,000 miles and counting...
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #125

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod33 View Post
Hi guys,
a mate and I imported into Australia a couple of Motorhomes, mine being an 88 Monaco Crown Royale and his being a 1989 Country Coach SE (36FT) with 3208 Cat and Allison MT643 on a Gillig Chassis.

We're looking for rear replacement Air Bags for his CC as the existing ones look a bit perished and cracked. We're taking both Motorhomes to Central and Northern Australia in June on a 3 Month trip and are trying to cover all bases before we leave. There are no services in the Outback.

Anyway, does anyone know the Firestone Part Numbers for specifically the Rear Air Bags on his Gillig Chassis?

Appreciate your help.
Regards
Rod
I don't know if you have sourced out the air bags yet but I was having the same issue and running into dead ends with all of the Firestone and Goodyear suppliers. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the front and rear bags directly from Gillig. In the end I don't think their price was much more than it would have been if I could have found them through a third party. At least I had the peace of mind that I had the correct part as it came from the chassis manufacturer.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #126

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
I don't know if you have sourced out the air bags yet but I was having the same issue and running into dead ends with all of the Firestone and Goodyear suppliers. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the front and rear bags directly from Gillig. In the end I don't think their price was much more than it would have been if I could have found them through a third party. At least I had the peace of mind that I had the correct part as it came from the chassis manufacturer.
Hi Russ,
yes we did source the Air Bags from a local Firestone Dealer in Melbourne. They had stock in their Sydney Warehouse so delivery was overnight.
The pricing supplied by Gillig wasn't too expensive but allowing for shipping to Australia and our current Exchange Rate, it was certainly cheaper to get them here.
Rod.