Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
"ONLY WITH JACKS DOWN"

I believe your leveling jacks are hydraulic.

Hydraulic lifts have been known to fail at inopportune times.

It is best not to be in a pinch point when they do fail. That has cost people their lives. (I had a driver cut nearly in half at his waist in one instance.)

That is why jack stands are recommended. A no-brainer if working on an "air leveling equipped" coach leveling system.

1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #16

Great care must be used!

I mentioned using the built in jacks as that works for ME on OUR coach.

Our jacks are kick down type when fully retracted allow a good amount of room under the coach, We leave ours down and the coach rests on them instead of the suspension during parked conditions.

By all means verify the resting conition of your jacks before depending on them, and if you have jack stands that are CAPABLE of supporting the weight then use them.

Do not put you arms, legs or any part of your body in a pinch point.

And lastly, if you are working under your coach, and you are doing anything that can put you in danger have a helper.

Do not work alone, be safe.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #17

We've got an '89 cc Concept we use a few times a year. I've been gathering info as I can and making repairs on every system that needs it. I've recently even acquired the chassis manual with wiring numbers/diagrams! man.. it's been a long time wanting that one.
So far we've done awnings, interior recarpetting, tile, rubber steps... hwh levelling adjusters, shocks, tires, generator coolant lines, jack oil issues, water pump install/rewiring, batteries, float charger, diodes for shore-charging engine batts., cruise-control repair, roof re-sealing, dometic fridge repair (rust issues in chimney), cabinetry refinishing... what else?

it probably goes on.. and it's all FUN!
If I can help from personal experience.. or supplying copies of diagrams or maint. instructions feel free to send a message....
Old 05-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
I have a 1995 CC Intrigue on a Gillig. bought it in 02 I think Great coach.. Have all the manuals so if anyone needs copies of any thing I can help.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #19

I'm a new member & have just purchased 1991 Country Coach on a Spartan Chassis with Cummings 8.3 Turbo & centre floor auto changer
Old 07-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #20

I have a 1986 38' Country Coach SE. The previous owner left a wonderful set of manuals and diagrams with the coach so we have almost every detail for service and repair. I have been very grateful for this. I think my 86 is almost exactly the same coach as the 1989 coach mentioned above. It has the cat 3208 turbo 250 hp with allison trans. It is still a very comfortable coach and is starting to get some questions when we stop. I would be happy to try to help with information about this older coach. I am no tech but can read and copy information.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #21

Did you say diagrams?

Do you have the Country Coach diagrams as well as the Gillig MHA manual?

The coach wiring is quite extensive, there is a box of circuit cards in the space above the right side in the front overhead console, not sure what most do, but I do know the fuel guage is regulated and adjusted by one of them, and powered by the generator battery...that was a very long day &^%$.

We love our coach, changed out the dryer due to constant cycleing while underway, it blasted every 30 seconds and caused low air alarm, a trip to the local truck air brake shop will get a Bendix rebuilt one for the same cost as just the replacement cartridge, and it is easy to do, not like the manual states to have a shop do the work.

Last "upgrade" was 3 battery minders, one for each battery system, had to pull AC power to supply them, the fun one was a 38 ft run inside the frame rail from the back to the front, but now the batteries are very happy, before the converter would boil the coach battery and the other 2 would get lonely and just die.
Quite a few more projects to do.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #22

Gillig and Country Coach Manuals and Diagrams

I have wiring diagrams that a previous owner got from CC they are techincal drawings that appear quite complete. The legend on them says chassis wiring schematic gillig chassis "vogue" relaeased for production 9-1-82 as well as a chassis electrical parts list. This is in The Gillig Chssis Parts Manual that came with the coach. I dont have a box like the one you describe but have a box full of relays and breakers in the front compartment. Also have lube diagrams and system diagrams of most all of the systems like fuel, water, steering, air ride, brakes and others.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #23

Gillig Manual

The manual with the diagrams you describe is the Gillig service manual that came with the chassis.

It is a good read, many items to check and service, and the manual gives good instructions on how to do most items.

Some things it may suggest using a shop, for those check local truck parts supplies and service centers, many may help give you direction and support for those.

The Gillig parts department also is a great help, give them you VIN and they can provide additional documentation and parts
Old 08-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #24

We have a 1991 Country Coach Calgary on a Prevost Chassis. It is still in great shape, only real issue is with the pair of "Magnetek 775" 75 amp converters/chargers.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #25

Check the voltage

Those old units were auto-transformer type, the transformer design self regulated so for varying voltages input the output is constant.

Problem is when unloaded they draw same as when loaded, so they are expensive to leave on to maintain the batteries.

Then the voltage if a little too high will boil out the batteries, so they are great when needed to power everything, brute force and simple operation, but for floating they are horrible.

We added seperate chargers to maintain the batteries and leave the converter switched off at the ac service panel, when needed simple to turn on.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #26

98 Country Coach Affinity

Hi there,

We have a "new" coach, just over a year now so we are still getting used to it. We've spent time up in Junction City, Oregon learning about ours and having some work done. We first went to CCCorporation thinking it's "the" place for help. We were left with feeling like since we were not of the $300K plus category, we were not important enough for them to assist us.

However, luckily, right next door, at Premiere RV, Gary and the staff treat us like royalty. We liked their attitudes and professionalism (and to mention their entire tech crew and the owners worked for Country Coach before they went out of business) that we decided to have them do some remodeling for us.

Check them out for information on the particulars on your coach. They were able to give us lots of background and assistance on everything about our coach.

You can find them on www.premierervstorage.com on the internet. I only intended to store ours for the winter and accidentally found they are a full service place. Good luck. Deb
Old 09-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had a 94 Affinity since 99 and have put over 100K miles on it. Have lots of prints and info if anyone needs help.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #28

We have a 1997 CC Allure.....