Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #99

Thanks dean, appreciate all the input you provided while I was shopping. Yes, she is a beauty. Surprising well kept, few things to fix but I love to tinker so not an issue. Tuesday going in for a full service and some minor repairs, then hitting the highway. Not sure where, but who cares.....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #100

That 93 is beautiful!

we have almost 180k miles on our 92..CC

I was interested in knowing the mileage of some of these older models...

Do Share im curious...

Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMagna1992 View Post
That 93 is beautiful!

we have almost 180k miles on our 92..CC

I was interested in knowing the mileage of some of these older models...

Do Share im curious...
Hi 92, Thanks! this one has 118,000
Old 01-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #102

Cracked water tank not cracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by oseberg View Post
Cracked water tank64076]I've had a 94 Affinity since 99 and have put over 100K miles on it. Have lots of prints and info if anyone needs help.
Just purchased a 1996 affinity with 48000 miles for $31000, have manuals from Country Couch and Gillig. Coach was build in 1995. Working to restore her to a very good condition. My big problem now is, watertank has a crack in the bottom.
very hard to get to, rv repair shops claim over a 10 hr job to get the tank out plus the welding time. Any experiance in that area? Any help is greatley appriciated, thanks Tom
Love the Coach[/QUOTE]

Turns out the dump valve for the freshwater tank was sticking, how could the Rv service people be so far wrong????? 10 hr labor to fix??
It took me 1 hr to figure it out.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #103

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oseberg View Post

Turns out the dump valve for the freshwater tank was sticking, how could the Rv service people be so far wrong????? 10 hr labor to fix??
It took me 1 hr to figure it out.

I experienced a lesson like the above. That is when I got serious about becoming my own repair person.

It is cheaper for me to pay myself, although most repairs take me longer than the average joe due to my learning curve.

The internet and these forums have been wonderful in the learning process.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #104

Wink 1989 Country Coach Classic Nantucket model

I just bought it has 100k on it previous owner put new 3208 cat at 75k I am having problems with generator not charging house batteries any Ideas anyone just replace all batteries anyone pull a stacker trailer?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #105

couple things

There is an isolator in front of the driver under the front hood, generator battery is charged by engine, generator's internal charger only charges the generator battery in front of passenger.

The generator will power the converter that will charge the batteries, top left breaker in the panel.

DO not leave the converter powered up while in storage as it is slightly too high voltage and will ruin the coach batteries.

Stacker trailer...NOT!

Ours still has the factory sticker above the receiver, 3500 pounds max towing.

Called Gillig, they did not add the hitch, stated the chassis could pull a house so to speak, but could not speak to the hitch.

CC advised the sticker was the official rating, and it could be taken to an engineering firm to evaluate for heavier loads.

The frame is very well built back there, it looks a lot heavier than the 12.5K hitch on the F250, but the sticker states only 3500 and it is Country Coach factory sticker.

There is no GCVW rating on the rating plate, made before that was required.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #106

Older country coaches.

Dear TQ60,

How about a 1987 country camper mark 5 regent 36" diesel pusher?
Old 02-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyTurtle View Post
We've got an '89 cc Concept we use a few times a year. I've been gathering info as I can and making repairs on every system that needs it. I've recently even acquired the chassis manual with wiring numbers/diagrams! man.. it's been a long time wanting that one.
So far we've done awnings, interior recarpetting, tile, rubber steps... hwh levelling adjusters, shocks, tires, generator coolant lines, jack oil issues, water pump install/rewiring, batteries, float charger, diodes for shore-charging engine batts., cruise-control repair, roof re-sealing, dometic fridge repair (rust issues in chimney), cabinetry refinishing... what else?

it probably goes on.. and it's all FUN!
If I can help from personal experience.. or supplying copies of diagrams or maint. instructions feel free to send a message....
Hi - I am a new member of this forum and we have been searching for this information for a 1992 Concept on a Gillig chassis. I expect it will be valuable for many reasons but our current need is to troubleshoot our cruise control which is not working. Our tech said he needs the original schematics. Please let me know if you can help.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:08 PM   #108

The cruise control is likely bendix.

It is pneumatic and the regulator may be leaking.

What does yours do or not do?
Old 02-04-2016, 05:55 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatebus80 View Post
Hi - I am a new member of this forum and we have been searching for this information for a 1992 Concept on a Gillig chassis. I expect it will be valuable for many reasons but our current need is to troubleshoot our cruise control which is not working. Our tech said he needs the original schematics. Please let me know if you can help.
On my 1994-5 Magna Gillig with a Cummins C8.3L the cruise control is a King Controls and the Accelerator Pedal is an Air Throttle.

Try this web site: Cruise Controls for Diesel engines.

I do not know what the Concept used.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #110

"New" 1988 Classic 38' - Leveling Issues

Hi,

My name is Paul. I just picked up a 1988 Country Coach Classic 38' with the 3208 and 4 spd Allison. It was a one owner since new and in remarkable shape. Most systems are working well and the gelcoat shines. There are of course a few issues. First to address is the leveling system.

I can not get the HWH 400 system to do anything. It appears that it may not be getting power. The master switch on the overhead panel will light in the "Off" position only. The schematic from HWH shows power to the control unit feeding from the ignition switch. I have begun tracing the wire and believe this is not correct. It is a twisted pair red/white leaving the control panel above and behind the driver's seat. Anyone know where these terminate?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. This is a great resource and I look forward to being a part of the discussions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i2rv image.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	118742  
Old 02-10-2016, 08:08 AM   #111

Battery for that is in the FRONT!

Open the front hood and in front of passenger should be a group 27 battery but a group 31/37 (type used on 2005 ford diesel) fits nicely.

This battery powers leveler and genny.

Ign needs to be on as well.

Ask HWH for a manual at their Web site and they will send you one with a calendar too.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:10 AM   #112

Also in the front overhead passenger side is a row of cat cards.

They can need cleaning.

One powers fuel gage via feed from that front battery as well as all of the clocks and radio memory.