Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #1

Question How many older CC's are out there?

There are many recent model CC on the forum, but I have only seen a couple from the older generation.

We have a 1989 Savannah and would like to know how many other units from the same era on the gillig 3208 chassis are still active.
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2010, 02:01 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
TQ60..It looks like there are very few older generation Country Coaches here... You can do a search here to double check.. but I do know that djones has a 1997 CC I believe. How old are you looking for?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #3

Red face Late 80s

Since we have a 1989 on the Gillig chassis we are interested in those of the same type.

Better to ask the "goofy" questions of someone else who has had the windshield time in a like unit to avoid stupid guesses.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Our first Country Coach was an 1989 Savannah. It was a great coach; and we really enjoyed it.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #5

I have a 1990 concept that is on a gillig . We like the older coaches there a little more work but a lot of fun. I am a new member myself and hope to find
more info from this site.
Chuck
stihlchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
I was going to reply, but we have a 1995 almost "new" Magna on a Gillig, so I cannot.

But we have owned it for over 8 yrs so we are almost experts in our rig.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:16 PM   #7

I motor around in a 96 Intrigue on a Gillig. Its all most new to me.
Blue Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #8

We have a 97 Intrique on a Gillig and am willing to share any info or doc. We have only had itsince 10/2009 so don't have alot of expertise (YET).
BobS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #9

Just bought a 1998 Magna on a Gillig chassis. Looking forward to enjoying for years to come.
MagnaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Hi there TQ60 ...and any other members who own vintage CCs. We have an '89 Sedona Mark V which we bought in '07. We have had very good service and have learned to repair all of the little things and some of the big things... like the turbocharger. I have the manuals on the Gillig Chassis as well as the Detroit/Allison powertrain. Would be glad to try to assist in any way that I can.
Good man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #11

I own a 1984 Country Coach 37 foot with tag axle. Its on a Chevy chassis
1984ccoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #12

older coach

I've have had a 1995 cc intrigue on gillig chassis since may 2008 and love it, except the overall ride. Had a Foretravel previously, and find the ride on that coach better. Any suggestions as to how to improve the side to side sway?

johnmilam
johnmilam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmilam View Post
I've have had a 1995 cc intrigue on gillig chassis since may 2008 and love it, except the overall ride. Had a Foretravel previously, and find the ride on that coach better. Any suggestions as to how to improve the side to side sway?

johnmilam
Probably still has the original shocks on it. I would talk to the people at Road King and see if they have ones that will fit. Expensive but way ahead of the Koni or Bilsteens.

Also check and make sure your ride height is set correctly.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #14

Check out the suspension parts...

First off we are still working details to get ours on the road, current econ makes money go different places, but when we took some shot road trips we had some issues, although very minor.

We rechecked the tire presure, a little low, the ride height was off, the right rear leveling valve was off in its internal adjustment which allowed the side to drop a couple inches while on the road, we took that apart and home fixed it.

Now on same road ride much better, passing big rigs in opposite direction are not even noticed.

Still need to look at replacement shocks, at 22 years old they have got to be worn out, but the tires at 18 years need to go first.

So get out your gillig chassis manual and read every page on the suspension parts, next go and adjust the ride, the manual specifies using jack stande, but yo have jacks built in, have DW tap the button and get the chassis in the correct place and then set the levers, it is easy to do, takes a pin and a couple 7/16 wrenches and a creeper.

A test is why the engine is running you can gently move the lever and make sure the air bag responds to slight movement, it should be very little slop, if you can move the lever more than 1/4 inch and no change you need to fix it, do this ONLY WITH JACKS DOWN and supporting the coach at ride height, if so search my posts and you will find detailed simple insructions for adjusting the valve IN-COACH, you do NOT want to try to remove it...it is in a place that you almost can reach, only after you get the coach real high on the jacks, NOT FUN!