Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #1

How to shut off the radio..

I know it is a stupid question but I can not get the radio to shut off..
We have a 2005 CC Allure 430 with a Pioneer AM/FM/CD without GPS. The model might be AVICN1. The fuse tripped at the electrical panel where the Coach sleeps and the house batteries were almost dead. Had to set the camera back up.
I have read all the info I have on the radio and if I shut the house batteries off the light on the radio goes off...I put the switch for the house batteries on and the light at the radio goes on..

nkgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
Puzzling. I read through the owner's manual (see link below), and there seems to be no power switch mentioned that I could find. It indicates that once the engine is started, the system will turn on, and turns off when the engine is turned off. Here's the link to the manual I found:

That seems to be what is indicated from the process you've followed. If that's how it works, I'd say there is an engineering issue from the manufacturer that precludes you from turning it off. Or, perhaps there's a switch on the coach that turns it off/on? Our Discovery has a switch on the dash, as well as in the bedroom that controls the radio.

Perhaps someone who has this system will chime in and help you out.

Joe and Debbie, Emma the Aussie Cattle Dog who adopted us
2012 Discovery 36J, Blue Ox and Air Force One, 2010 GMC Acadia Toad
USAF (Ret) WDM http://wd0m.com
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:28 PM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well that is the problem. it is a multi-fucntion/media device and it is part of your DASH systms Navi-Comp/Driver Info.

Being an RV they may have wired the MEMORY and POWER wires together or done something else equallid stupid.

YOu should have two or 3 power wires

THey are

Memory (Battery) this hooks direct to the CHASSIS battery via a fuse or fuse panel.

IGNITION This hooks to the Ignition or accessory wire and is in fact the ON/OFF switch.. You could add an simple ON/OFF to this wire if you feel the need.

Power: (Optional) this would connect to a switch labeled 'Main/Aux" This is most likely the "IGNITION" wire as well.

With the radio switch in the AUX position it would not turn off. Switch to MAIN and it should.

NOTE: This AUX/MAIN switch is NOT part of the radio.. It is elsewhre likely on your dash but no guarantee..
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #4
Not sure if mine is original so I'll need to check, but the face plate is removable.

2005 Country Coach Inspire, C9 CAT
2012 Nu Wa 363RSBDA
2016 Ford F-350 Dually 6.7
Duoglide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
We have a 2005 Mountain Aire with a Pioneer AVH-P6400CD. When we first got the coach, I too could not figure out how to shut it off nor could the dealer I purchased it from so don't feel bad.

I eventually found it is turned off by pressing the "Source Button" and holding it down for 10 seconds. The Source button is the bottom row button, furthest to the left, used to select and cycle through available sources. This button performs three different functions; one with a quick press and release, one with a press and hold for 3 seconds and on/off when pressed and held for 10 seconds.

It is a dumb and confusing system made even more complex by poor documentation.

Good luck.
Retired and livin' the RV dream!
2005 Newmar 43 ft. MADP, Cummins ISL 400HP, 2008 Honda CR-V toad
Ron_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #6

Thanks for all the suggestions...I tried all of them and did much reading..Nothing has worked so far. I was hoping Ron H had the answer but that didn't work either..
I may have to try and do a new setup and see what happens..
Thanks again!
Old 07-05-2015, 03:56 PM   #7
Radio won't shut off

I have a problem that may be related to not being able to shut the radio off. I have a Panasonic radio/monitor that recesses into the dash. I had to change the chassis battery which cut the power to the radio. Since doing this the radio and monitor will not come out of the dash. I too probably need to reset things ..but have no remote and am at a loss as to what to do to reset the system.....anyone have any suggestions....
daryl989mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #8
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Was thinking of uploading a photo of a sledge hammer (Assuming it was an outside radio) but since it is the dash radio I have two answers

On many RVs the dash radio double as the house radio.. There is a switch somewhere that flips it between MAIN and AUX batterie.. Set on MAIN it should shut off with the ignition key.

Option 2...Locate the power wire that leads to the rear of the radio.. There should be two.. one is MEMORY and the other is POWER.. You want POWER (it has the bigger fuse)

Add a switch to this line Simply ON/OFF will do.. OFF =... OFF don't you know.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:18 AM   #9

Hi folks,

I found another manual for the Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD and pushed the reset button, it is now off! Will read through this manual and figure it out. I have not done anything yet..
The manual does state "press the SOURCE button and hold until the unit turns off"..as Ron H. suggested. Will read more before I start it again..