Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
How to tighten handle???

Hello all I have a 2002 CC and the handle on the glass sliding door in the closet is getting loose? Anybody know how to tighten it???
I think a picture is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1300252.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	17515  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #2

Mine is doing the same thing. I think the only to fix it is to remove the handle assembly and tighten the screws. You would then have to use some two sided tape to reinstall it. I am going to let mine go until I really have to fix it. Mine has been loose for about 5 years now.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #3

I had the same problem, there is a 2 sided foam tape used under the handle when the handle is removed scrape off the of foam tape and replace it with the new. I did this about 2 years ago still working great.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Young View Post
I had the same problem, there is a 2 sided foam tape used under the handle when the handle is removed scrape off the of foam tape and replace it with the new. I did this about 2 years ago still working great.
Ditto. It drove me nuts until it was fixed!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #5

Hi Larry, Thanks for the reply. Quick question if you look at the picture the handle is mounted to a piece of mirror that is mounted to the mirror door. Is the double sided tape on the piece of mirror or is it on the back side of the mirrored door under the wood that the latches are mounted on? Also how did you get the double sided tape off to remove the mirror from the mirrored door? Are you at the SEA Rally in Brooksville Florida by any chance?
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #6

Ok how not to do this. The screws to tighten the handle are located on the beveled glass piece. I use some picture hanging wire and sawed it back and forth between the mirror door and the backing for the handle to get the double sided tape off. It worked but it scraped off some of the mirror backing on the handle piece. I would suggest using a heavy test mono filament fishing line or a smaller gauge (size) weed whacker string. Next once you get the handle off DO NOT over tighten the screw. It took awhile but it broke the mirror handle piece. I suppose there are some specs for that but I have no idea what they are. I ended up getting a .25" piece of oak for a backing and reattaching it until I can get another mirrored backing piece. Good Luck.