Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #1

HWH Active Air Install

Had a rewarding first day here in Moscow, Iowa where the fine folks at HWH Corp are installing their Active Air suspension management system on our 2003 Lexa. One day down, four more days to go. Also having them tune up my slides while here to ensure optimized slide operation. Don’t plan on coming through Moscow anytime in the near future. That Iowa wind is brutal!

Looking forward to experiencing the game changing impact so many other Active Air customers have expressed. More to come...

David
2003 Lexa Odyssey #6254

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0095.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	393.5 KB
ID:	194695Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	194696
Name:   image1.jpeg
Views: 1214
Size:  41.7 KB

Name:   Image1520310073.446822.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  38.4 KB
Burlroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
David, I look forward to learning what the ride and handling difference is with the Active Air system. Can you share what you experienced in ride discomfort or handling problems ahead of deciding to buy Active Air?
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #3

Great question.. Why Active Air and What was I hoping to fix.

Well, it all started when my HWH leveling system seemingly stopped being able to obtain a ‘level’ state. It would simply continue to cycle and never find the equilibrium required to level. After monkeying around with it for a while I called HWH to see if they could help and they suggested I bring the coach in for them to diagnose it. While on their website I came across their Active Air System and started reading reviews and found the concept and system configuration intriguing. We have a 45 foot Lexa Odyssey and when we enter on ramp or off ramps I did find myself really taking it easy as there was a bit of body lean. When driving in stiff side winds we would certainly feel it in the steering wheel as well and when driving on roads with a crown, the coach could lean more than I’d like. The reviews I read aligned with the improvements I was interested in. Hearing fellow CC owners convey their delight and improved driving experience after extended windy conditions, even in 45ft Magna’s or Affinity’s as well as my existing need to fix the leveling system drove me to make the investment. In addition I am having HWH service my three slides to ensure they are performing in tip top shape. Taking out a few birds with one stone so to say. I will provide a review of my experience post Active Air should folks be interested.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:26 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Waiting to see your review as it's hard to see how my Magna's driving experience could get much better than it already is.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:53 PM   #5

David, do you have an early update for us on your HWH project?
Old 03-14-2018, 10:04 PM   #6

HWH Active Air Install

HWH Active Air Initial Feedback -
First and foremost, I am very impressed and EXTREMELY pleased with the Active Air system. As I departed HWH Corp in Moscow Iowa and started the trek back to Minneapolis, it didn’t take me much time to get settled in to begin appreciating the significant impacts this system applies while driving. But let me back up and explain what’s going on with the Active Air System. For all of us that have Country Coach’s with HWH leveling system, you know that the system allows you to lower the coach, raise the coach, obviously level the coach, etc. And when you select Travel is puts coach in the travel mode based on the ride height adjustments that have been set. However with Active Air, HWH installs a bunch of new components that turn what really was a ‘static’ leveling system and turns it into a performance ‘in flight’ management system. The HWH sensors, ride height controls, computer module and larger diameter air lines detect the status of the coach and each air bag in virtually real time and then actively routes huge volumes of air from the air tanks and engine air compressor to the particular air bags that are under duress during such situations as entering or existing off ramps with momentum, emergency lane changes, road crown situations as well as strong wind gusts, of which there was no shortage while driving through Iowa. It’s simply astonishing how well the system performs and reduces the fatigue that otherwise results when battling these sorts of conditions for an extended period of time. Included in the installation is a new color touch pad control panel that provides you all the previous controls you had with the standard HWH leveling system, but adds a great deal more, including a color display that shows you the active air pressure being experienced in each of the six air bags as though you are looking at a 6 channel equalizer. And when the system detects that one or more of these air bags are under abnormal pressure causing the ride height to be compromised ultimately causing the coach to lean, the background display turns green highlighting the fact that the Active Air system is actively engaged and routing emergency air to stabilize the coach. In extreme settings it will actually remove air from the air bags from one side of the coach while rapidly inflating the outer air bags to keep the coach level. So sweet to observe! It is incredible to experience this as you enter a long sweeping turn that continues to sharpen causing you to feel the G forces climb to the point where you also recognize that the system has activated, driving the required air levels to the bags on the outside of the coach otherwise susceptible of leaning in that direction. The functionality of the display is clean and the response of the system immediate. (Great technology!) After the 6 hour drive home yesterday, I felt as if I could have driven another 6 hours. My shoulders weren’t tight and sore from battling wind or the crown of the road, nor was I fatigued in any way shape or form. This in direct contrast from the drive I had a week prior bringing the coach to you for the Active Air installation. I can’t express enough how pleased I am and how absolutely satisfied I am with the system. I wanted to convey my appreciation to the team at HWH that worked on my coach over the last week and to share just how impressed I was watching them work to deliver me a product that has made driving my Country Coach Lexa even more enjoyable than I thought possible. I am now a proud owner of both my Country Coach Lexa AS WELL as my HWH Active Air performance solution. If you only drive straight in areas with little wind, don’t spend the money. If you want to improve the performance and safety of your coach in windy, windy, uneven road conditions with occasional ‘close call’ situations, I couldn’t recommend the investment more. And this comes after only driving the coach for 6 hours. It’s that noticeable!
Old 03-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Maybe I'll have to set aside $10,000 and get it done, maybe not this year though.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #8

David, thank you for the in depth report on both your experience with HWH and their Active Air product.

I do believe this is something I have to upgrade to one day. Perhaps later this fall I will take the trip.

When done was the final bill the same as the quote or where there extras?

Thank you,

2-Nickels
Old 03-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #9

It was exactly what they quoted, 2-Nickels.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #10

Thanks for the updates! Is 10K the number to install the system?
rampage42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampage42 View Post
Thanks for the updates! Is 10K the number to install the system?

If you have a tag axel, than yes! All in! If no tag, I believe it’s about $2000+ less as I recall.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:19 PM   #12

Thanks! Great review. 08 Affinity so 10k is it.
rampage42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:19 PM   #13

10 large for a system like that isn't bad, I wish I had one.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:09 PM   #14

Were you able to stay in the Coach during the week at HWH or did you make other arrangements?

Tags
air, hwh, install