RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:43 PM   #1

HWH Dead

My HWH leveling panel has no electricity. No lights come on and no buttons work. Iíve followed the wiring from the panel under the dashboard, but canít see where it goes among a huge gaggle of wire looms. I canít find any fuses under the dashboard. I found the main power wire going into the 3-layer HWH brain in the dvr side bay. I followed it around to where it goes through the bulkhead and on in to the side of the driverís compartment. From there, it disappears among many black looms. I do believe, however, that it is getting its power from inside. Once again, however, I canít find out from where. I have considered some sort of interlock with the transmission and parking brake but donít know how to check that. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jerry

2008 Country Coach Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31611 37' tag, Cummins ISL-400, Dish Trav'ler, MCDs, Techma, liftup Sony, fireplace, 1440W solar 600A lithium, 2014 JKUR
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2019, 06:14 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I have found my wire #chart "from to" list in the manual to be a lifesaver. Once you know the size, color, origin and destination the search get easier.

The schematics also allow one to trace most of the circuits.

Both are in my very old manual.

However, CC did not list the wires for the HWH Leveling system on my rig. Perhaps yours does have the info.

1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:32 PM   #3

I donít know of the manual you speak of; but I do have some wiring schematics. None include HWH wiring. I do have this, however. The power wire going into the HWH brain has a sticker on it numbered 4876. That, therefore, is the circuit I need to know its beginning under the dash. Can you check your sources for that number?

Jerry
2008 Country Coach Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31611 37' tag, Cummins ISL-400, Dish Trav'ler, MCDs, Techma, liftup Sony, fireplace, 1440W solar 600A lithium, 2014 JKUR
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #4

Jerry you have a different HWH system than either Dean or me. I have no wire numbers with 4 digits.

Fuses for my HWH system are in the front run fuse box in the compartment under the driver's seat with some fuses in the HWH brain.

Try going online to the HWH website and find the trouble shooting manual for your system. Also, perhaps someone with your year of coach will respond.

You can also try to contact AZPETE on this forum. He is an HWH employee that has helped many on here.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:26 PM   #5

I can't give you any detailed help but I seem to recall there's a resettable breaker for the HWH in my coach along with others that is above my house batteries. Those red buttons. I would think that has to have something to do with where the HWH system gets its power if you trace it from there.

Rich 2002 Magna
birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:23 AM   #6

Might try the roof bay number 1. The would be the bay on the driver side right in back of the wheel
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
HWH Dead

My coach 31563, 2007 Allure Sunset Bay so should be close in wiring.

Two simple things first - house salesmanís switch needs to be on for my HWH reset to work and travel mode to be activated. Never followed wiring to figure out why - might be the Thomas air compressor is wired on the house batteries and sends signal To HWH system.

Second the HWH reset button is on the Drivers panel right beside my main power button.

HWH has fuse in chassis fuse box (#2) and ignition fuse box (#2 as well), and in house fuse box (#11).

Let me know if youíve tried all that already.

BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh