Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #1

HWH level sensor

Where is the level sensor located on a 1997 intrigue? I talked with HWH and they said to follow the wiring harness from the control box, easier said than done! I would assume it would be mid coach in the interior. HWH said it could be in a number of locations. Any ideas? BB.
BBSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
BBSON,
Mine is located in a mid-ship storage compartment on the driver's side. It is mounted to the ceiling of the compartment, so, to see it I have to bend waaaaay down and look in the top of the compartment.
If you have never seen one, it is a round disk, about the size of a small saucer, about a half-inch thick. There are several wires affixed to it.
My coach is considerably older than yours, but I'm betting yours is much the same.
Hope this helps... post a reply if you locate it so that others who read this will know.
Take care,
Good man
Good man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #3

HWH level sensor

I was in every possible place on the interior today and have not located the sensor. also looked in all the under storage compartments and under carriage. no luck. BB
Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #4

HWH level sensor location?

I spent a few more hours looking for the sensor but no luck finding it. I have been in every nook and crany in the interior, and still looking at the under-carriage. BB.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #5

Well, one more thing to try. Give HWH a call. They know a lot about their systems and where the coach mfg has installed their hardware.

I would also look in the storage bays on the roof portion. Not quite mid coach but maybe a bay forward of center. There should be a small plate that can be removed by removing the screws. It will be located in the center of the bay.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #6

BB,
I used to own a '98 Country Coach Intrigue #10673. I adjusted the level sensor. Mine was located in about the second or third basement compartment on the right side. It was not visible just looking into the compartment. There was a 5" hole cut in the compartment ceiling that allowed access to the three adjusting screws. I had to empty & lay in the compartment to see the sensor.

Good luck in your search.................
Steve
Newell
rheavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Bbeson,
Sorry to see that you have had no luck in finding that elusive sensor... Rheavn and Dons2346 are giving you good advice and they can attest to how difficult that lil' sucker can be to locate... But, keep the faith! ...It is in there somewhere between the front bumper and the rear bumper, for sure!

Here's a couple of "detective" hints that may help you in your search:

1. If you can get to the back of the control panel and/or electronic "box", see if you can identify the "sender" wires and take note of how they look. Mine is a grey "quad wire" (4-wire) bundle much like the phone company uses for phone installation.
Since you can't easily trace this carrier all the way to the sender, see if you can find it in any of the wire chases you can open upgoing toward the rear of the coach... keep tracing that wire bundle till you find the leveling sensor. I know, easier said than done, for sure.

2. If you really want to get scientific, borrow or purchase a "signal generator"... a battery-powered device used by equipment installers. You simply clip it on to one end of a set of wires and use a hand-held wand to track the wires (via an audible tone) through walls, conduits, etc. to its terminus. Again, this is not easy, but if you really need to find that sensor, it may be necessary.

As always, use caution regarding pinch-points and collapse hazards when working under your coach. Chock it, block it, and keep yourself safe!

As a final note, if you are ever in the Central Florida area and still need to find the sensor, I will be glad to try to help you.
Best of luck,
Jim
Good man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #8

I found the HWH level sensor!!!!!!

Steve, thank you. I emptied my pass -thru storage compartment and climbed in. The ceiling has a 3' by 4' panel that has 6 screws holding it up. was not visible from outside. I dropped the panel and there it was. dead center of coach. I made an adjustment and all is well and level. Thanks to all of you for your input, especially Steve. BB.

Tags
hwh