Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #1

HWH leveling problem

2000 32ft CC Intrigue. Serial number CC 11146. Last used a month ago, leveling worked. Tried to get the MH ready for a trip today and it will not go into travel mode. Seems that the right rear bag is not inflating. Can't hear any leaks and the right rear indicator red light remains lit when the ignition is energized. Question, can this be related to the ride level sensor, a leaking air bag, or a stuck control solenoid? I have cycled the suspension up and down with the same results each time...no lift on the right rear. Any guidance will be most appreciated. This forum is fantastic! Thank to all for their input. Jim Hochhalter

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry I can not help but can give you HWH systems for Country Coach they may help you just pick the right system for your year.
Make sure all parts in system have good ground connections to chassis frame.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Sounds like a bad ride height valve. Have you tried to manually raise the rear with the buttons on the control panel while the engine is running? Leave the trans in neutral with the engine running and see what happens. Doubt it is a leaking air bag.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #4

I agree with Don. It is a bad ride height valve. If you need to limp it into somewhere to get fixed you can try the following. I'm making the assumption that the coach will still level out if you are parked. Find the fuse that controls the air bags. Mannually inflate the low bag to the approxamate ride height for the coach. Then pull the fuse. It should stay up enought to get to someplace that will fix it. We ended up driving from Capitol Reef NP to Denver with this set up. Drive slow and take it easy till it's fixed. Here's a service tip... What ever you do DO NOT take it to TransWest in Grand Junction, Co. Those guys can't even spell HWH.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #5

more information on HWH leveling problem

Sorry, it seems that the harder you try to be specific the more tangled things become. Thanks for the input so far. To be more descriptive of the problem, the rear right bag is not inflating either by trying to achieve travel mode, or by using the leveling buttons to raise either the rear or the right side of the coach. I will try to cycle manually the ride height valve to see if maybe it has been plugged with debris. Question, is the ride height valve associated with the computer leveling (or manual leveling for that matter)?
I appreciate all efforts to assist me. I live in Montana and there are not any close RV repair shops.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #6

Hi Cherokeejim,
The short answer is that the computer controls the ride height while driving and the leveling when the coach is parked. To test if the coach will level itself. Find a spot that is nearly level, put it in N set the parking brake the push the level button twice. If it levels out then the pulling the fuse trick should work. In my coach it was in the L front compartment and was a 7.5 amp fuse. The electronics for the HWH system is pretty bomb proof so it is probably the valve. Be very careful about climbing around under the coach because it could deflate all the way and smush you. It should be noted that HWH and air bag systems are used on trucks and buses and most any competent truck repair place can replace the ride height valve. Just get the specs for adjusting the ride height for your coach and give them to the shop. If the fuse trick doesn't work you can drive the coach but you have to drive pretty slow. If you have more questions about the fuse trick let me know.
Good luck and be careful.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #7

If there is a leak, you should be able to hear it near the passenger side rear wheel.

My air system was leaking there and I was able to seal it off by moving a lever where the air was escaping. (I am no mechanic.)

Same deal on the front ride height valve only I used a hammer tap to fix it. Still good four years later.

The air that should go into the bag has to be going somewhere if not through the bag.

Does your air compressor pass the DOT pretrip test for leak down of your air system?
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #8

HWH leveling problem status

Finally got to check underneath the coach and found that a 5 cent nylon cable tie had failed and dropped the umbilical control cables onto the drive shaft and I now have a rats nest of seemingly unmarked wires. Oh well, now to find someone who can sort this out. Thanks to all for their input as it could well have been the problem.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #9

HWH has an excellent pdf file to sort out the wiring and operation. With the help of my brother we were able to sort things out and get the unit operational. We were unable to get the rear airbags to individually lower, but we could lower both and then raise the rears individually and accomplish automatic leveling. Thanks for all the support and hopefully the information can prevent others from this fate.

Tags
hwh, leveling