Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hydralift on CC

Anyone using a Hydralift or similar rear-mounted lift on their CC to haul a golf car? I am considering this option so we can take our golf car along on trips.

Looking for pros and cons.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Anyone using a Hydralift or similar rear-mounted lift on their CC to haul a golf car? I am considering this option so we can take our golf car along on trips.

Looking for pros and cons.

We own an Entegra and am looking hard at the cruiserlift.com😃 we will be getting the one for a motorcycle. In addition save Several Hundred Dollars😀

Old 12-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg44b View Post
We own an Entegra and am looking hard at the cruiserlift.com�� we will be getting the one for a motorcycle. In addition save Several Hundred Dollars��
They don't do one for golf car, motorcycles/scooters only according to their FAQ's.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg44b View Post
We own an Entegra and am looking hard at the cruiserlift.com😃 we will be getting the one for a motorcycle. In addition save Several Hundred Dollars😀
FWIW, we looked pretty hard at both the cruiserlift and the hydralift. Made a point of actually following one of each, (more by luck then anything else). There was quite a difference. The hydralift sure seems to be a bit more sturdy with the bike and lift moving around less than on the cruiserlift. I'm guessing both will do the job, but when we got a chance to pick up a used hydralift in good shape for about half price, that made the choice easy.
courtjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
Infinity Coach in Sumner, Washington installed my last one and they showed me one that was done either for a Quad or Golf Cart.
This is my second one (coach & HydraLift) and works great with a 800 LB Harley.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja View Post
Infinity Coach in Sumner, Washington installed my last one and they showed me one that was done either for a Quad or Golf Cart.
This is my second one (coach & HydraLift) and works great with a 800 LB Harley.
I spoke again with tech support at Hydralift yesterday. He told me they are now not recommending use of their standard Hydralift with sports adaptor for electric golf cars. They have now developed a lift with more heavy hardware and hydraulics. They also now have an aluminum platform that attaches for golf cars and other larger than motorcycle toys. However, the approximate cost of this heavier stuff with installation is north of $9K. Plus I would still have to remove my fairly heavy Blue Ox tow bar from the receiver every time I want to load/unload the golf car. Given this new info and cost, I lean more to a truck.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
That is getting a bit pricey!! I had been towing my Ford Escape by using the Coach Receiver instead of the Receiver on the HydraLift without having to take the tow bar off BUT one time I negotiated steep incline while in a turn and the Hydra Lift made a nasty gouge in the hood of the car. I now tow using the Hydra Lift Receiver (further aft) but now I do have to take the rather heavy Demco Tow Bar off before loading or unloading. I decided it was worth the trouble.

JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote