Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:17 AM   #1
Hydro heat/thermostat issue

haven't used the HH for awhile, for heat anyway, this am things are a little chilly, need heat
Problem.. the thermostat will not recognize zone 1, just goes to elec. heat, zone 3 works as usual., any suggestions, I know about Roger burke and will try him if needed, just though some one here may point me in the right direction. .thanks, marvin

mytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 06:42 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Maybe try a thermostat reset? If you have the Coleman T stats, there is a procedure to reset them. I am not sure how to do it but suspect someone may chime in with the instructions.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
Our 04 Allure has simple phone splice jacks in the communication channel from the AC's to the thermostat. These are known to get a bit 'gunky' over the years, usually due to condensation building up, and in our case, we had a bit of corrosion going too.

I bought knew ones at ACE, but any hardware store should have these. I unplugged the old connector (These or male to male connectors.), sprayed the male ends of the wires well with electrical cleaner. And softly used a old soft tooth brush to rub the ends and the mental connectors. Air dried with compress air can. On one, I added dialectic grease to the ends of the male plugs, with a Qtip. The other AC unit I left alone.

Then I did the reset to the thermostat, search how to do this with our unit based upon if it is a 5 or 4 button thermostat. Everything has been working well now for the last 6 months since doing this. And, I've added cleaning these connectors to my yearly maintenance To Do list.

They are easy to access from the inside of the coach, by removing the screen to the filter to the units returns. Open them up, and see if your year has them.

I know this is the AC, but that thermostat controls both heat and AC, and shorts can cause a problem.

May have nothing to do with your problem, but it could. Usually an error code or other erratic behavior on the thermostat unit is a sign that it is not communicating well. And that is what you have indicated.

Now back to your description. Lots of little pumps relate to circulation to the heating registers in the loops of hydro heating units. Check your fuses for any problems. Maybe one of the zone registers has a fuse out? Or, sometimes the registers get clogged up due to lack of use. The circulation pumps need to be exercised from time to time. I run all zones around four time a year, even if not needed, just to keep the systems flowing well.

Please let us know what you find out. Oh, and Roger is pretty good at answer questions on his website, or you might read it to see if anything pops up.

RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
Is the fan running? I'm sure you've heard to tap on the check valves at the HH unit to free them up.
Ok, you said didn't recognize the thermostat. Mine would start on electric sometimes then switch to gas. Finally, I replaced all the relays.
2006 42' Country Coach Magna VanGogh
525 CAT, Build # 6553 Pulling a 2011 Chevy Tahoe
Stratman50th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:17 AM   #5
I have been working on resetting the thermostat, can hold down temperature buttons, both at same time, it will blink different settings, but I have not figured out exactly how to make those changes permanent, instructions are not clear on what button to press to select a setting, haven't had time to really spend to figure out. so I've been holding both buttons until the proper setting comes up and then stop until I want something different and then do the same again. My be just buy a new thermostat?
Anyone know how to select a setting when it is flashing?
that's my story, marvin
mytime is offline   Reply With Quote

heat, thermostat