Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
Country Coach Owners Club
HydroHot Leaking

Hi Everyone,

We just got back from our first trip in our 04 Allure since we purchased it last October. I had it winterized and into storage for a long cold (still cold) Northeast winter.We went down to Disney and stayed at Fort Wilderness for a week, what a great place. We made it as far as Pittsburg on the first night and when I woke up the next morning almost half or more of the boiler fluid in the HydroHot was on the ground and all over the compartment as well. By the end of the second day of driving it stopped leaking so I assumed all the fluid was out by then. The breaker was off for the hot water heater and the only part of the HydroHot that was used was to warm the block the first morning. I made a call to HydroHot who said it sounded as if the system wasn't properly winterized. I refuse to take it back to the place who winterized it to check it out due to the fact that when I first purchased the coach I took it there to have it winterized, checked out and the oil changed. They found a coolant leak and had no idea where it was coming from and recommended I take it to a Cummins dealer. The Cummins dealer quickly found the leak and fixed it and also noticed the engine oil cap was missing but later found it sitting somewhere in the engine compartment so I decided then and there it would not be going back to that RV service center. So I now have it at a place that I trust and feel much more comfortable with to check out the HydroHot. I don't trust the other place to look at it and give me an accurate assessment and be honest if they caused it. So my question is have any of you ever had a winterization problem with your system that you had winterized at a service center and what did the service center do about it.

Michaeljsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
If you trust the place you have it, let them look things over and advise you.

While doing that, you might ask Roger his input and as a sounding board to what they tell you...

RV Hydronic Heater Forum

Hope it is a simple problem, but if not, suggest you look at the 'upgraded parts replacements' for our era (we have a 2004 Allure High Cascade, with most likely the sam Hydro Hot unit). He commented to me on earlier posts on his board, about a few weak parts that should be considered for 'preventative maintenance'. (Which I have not done completely yet, but will the next time the unit is in for service...)

Best of luck to you,

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:49 PM   #3
If you have your receipt then get in touch with the manager of that company and inform them of what is goibg on and invite them to inspect it.

Advise them that you will be sending them the bill so they are free to communicate with the new servicing dealer to get a better price.

Also inform him that the state consumer affairs department may be pulled in for them to get things resolved.

Having the system crack due to freeze is bad when you "trusted" a company to fo the task correctly.

Finding the oil cap loose in the engine compartment allows ambient dirty sir to get sucked into the engine creating damage as well.

Assume everything they did was done wrong and expect or demand full refund for everything done wrong as well as full coverage for all work to restore damage resulting from said work.

Best would be for "customer" on your present service order was to read (bad servicer name here) for your name.
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
Well I'm so sorry to take so long to reply but I finally today got an answer back from the RV enter. It turns out that my leak was due to a faulty "shark tooth fitting" as they called it. Said the fitting is used on the end of one of the lines that contains the boiler fluid in the unit and it popped off allowing every bit of fluid to drain from the tank. $400 in labor and fluid were back in business. Compared to having to replace the system I'll count my blessing that it was something minor and easily fixed.

Thanks again to all the replied.
Michaeljsz is offline   Reply With Quote